BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Teamwork & BIMcloud
About Teamwork, BIMcloud, BIMcloud Basic, BIMcloud Software as a Service, network settings, etc.

BIM Server Error

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi,

There is an error with the BIM Server Control Center when I initially start up my computer. Where the Status: button is, it will say running (the green checkmark), but says there are errors (shows a yellow exclamation mark over the checkmark). I can click to repair those errors and everything works ok after that. It's just a pain to have to click to repair the errors every time I restart my computer. Lately I have to click the repair button twice before it fixes it.

Any idea what may be causing this?
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable
Since I'm under the impression that the BIM Server should be on a server or computer that is always running - the shut down could cause the BIM Server to be interrupted.

We have our BIM Server CC on a server that's always running. I believe whenever Windows does an automatic update that requires a reboot - I would come in the following morning and see the BIM Server CC "needs to be repaired". So, I just go in and click on the repair button to resume the BIM Server.

I understand your point is the daily routine of clicking on Repair as opposed to having it start up on its own. I wonder if someone would come in and say that the best suggestion is to NOT shut down the computer along with BIM Server at the end of the day?
Anonymous
Not applicable
I only recently have had this problem, I'm guessing around the time that the last hotfix came out. I've always been the BIM server and I've always shut down at the end of the day and started in the morning with no errors. I don't know what has changed since then.
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
The below ArchiCADWiki article outlines the cause and the solution:

http://www.archicadwiki.com/Bugs/Teamwork/BIMServerStartupProblem
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
Anonymous
Not applicable
Laszlo,

Thanks, weird little bug...