Teamwork & BIMcloud
About Teamwork, BIMcloud, BIMcloud Basic, BIMcloud Software as a Service, network settings, etc.

BIM Server Lockout

Matthew Johnson
Advocate
Interesting technical issue to share and discuss:

While working on a Teamwork file with the BIM server one of our machines crashed up to a dozen times causing it's local copies of the Teamwork data to corrupt. Other users could still access the project on the BIM server but the user who's machine crashed was not able to re-join the project and was presented with lots of messages telling them that the BIM server file was corrupt and would cause ArchiCAD to crash before promptly causing ArchiCAD to crash (top marks to the guy who wrote the code that predicts that one!)

The only workaround we managed to find was to delete the problematic user from the BIM server and give them a new user account. They were then able to join the Teamwork file from their old computer without any further problems. I guess then that this has something to do with the local copy of the Teamwork data becoming corrupted, and different user's "drafts" (to use an old Teamwork 1.0 term) are stored in different locations.

My questions then are this:

Has anyone else has this happen?

Is there another way to remove the corrupt draft and rebuild from the BIM server file?

Is there another work around?

The file we are working on was previously a V12 Teamwork file of over 280Mb that caused many headaches when sending and receiving (up to 25min for a single send/receive). We have since broken it up into a V13 Teamwork model file (I think about 140Mb) and a solo layout book file (around 120Mb). What size limits do other's find work with V13 Teamwork 2.0?
Matthew Johnson - POWE Architects
AC4.5 --> AC27 & Revit 2019 --> 2023
Asus Zenbook Pro 16x i9-13900H w/ Nvidia RTX 4070 4K dual, Windows 11 64bit
I'd rather be sailing.
1 REPLY 1
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
Here is my idea (this is not GS recommendation):
There is a TW Data folder on your computer that stores local copies.
Its location is found and set at the bottom of the Special Folder page of the Work Environment Dialog.
If you delete everything from the TW Data folder that should clear the local copies.
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27