BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Teamwork & BIMcloud
About Teamwork, BIMcloud, BIMcloud Basic, BIMcloud Software as a Service, network settings, etc.

BIM Server Manager will not accept user name and password

Anonymous
Not applicable
I rarely use Teamwork or the BIM server in my office because I have so many issues with library parts. I have not yet used it in version 19. I'm trying to now, but I can not access the BIM server Manager because it will not accept my user name and password. How can they be reset?
6 REPLIES 6
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
If I remember correctly:
Start the BIM Server Manager on the BIM Server machine.
There as administrator you can change user names and passwords.
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
Anonymous
Not applicable
That doesn't work. The problem is that the BIM server is asking for a User Name and Password. When I type them in I get an error message stating Invalid User Name or Password.
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
This page says you can also login with the "masteradmin" user name:

http://helpcenter.graphisoft.com/guides/archicad-18-bimcloud-and-bim-server-help/getting-started-wit...

I hope you remember the password for the "masteradmin" user.
If not you may be out of luck (but you are supposed to know your "masteradmin" password - I mean, you defined it):
Master Administrator password: Create a secure password for the Master Administrator (masteradmin) user. This Master Administrator will always be able to log in to the BIM Server with full access to all hosted data. In case you forget the password, you must reconfigure your BIM Server and enter a new password.
Do you currently have active project shared on the BIM Server?
Anonymous
Not applicable
No, not active shared projects on the server.

I would really like to get Teamwork functioning properly. I can really see the benefit.
Anonymous
Not applicable
OK, that got me into the BIM Server Manager. It's never been set up for Version 19 and it's asking for connection settings. I have not clue!

Can you tell me what the connection settings should be? What is the difference between the primary address and the alternative address?
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
I have not done BIM Server installation for a while so I don't know the latest settings but these two pages should explain the procedure:

http://helpcenter.graphisoft.com/guides/archicad-19-bimcloud-and-bim-server-help-2/getting-started-w...

http://helpcenter.graphisoft.com/guides/archicad-19-bimcloud-and-bim-server-help-2/bimcloudbim-serve...#
Learn and get certified!