BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Teamwork & BIMcloud
About Teamwork, BIMcloud, BIMcloud Basic, BIMcloud Software as a Service, network settings, etc.

BIM Server Ports

Anonymous
Not applicable
Is there any way to change the port that the BIM Server Uses to initiate communications? Using the Network Utility I determined that the BIM Server also uses Port 1099 in addition to the easily configurable ports under the Graphisoft BIM Server Control Center/BIM Server Preferences/Advanced Settings. I have another service that needs to run at port 1099 on the same server.

Thanks
2 REPLIES 2
Greg Kmethy
Graphisoft
Graphisoft
Michael,

All of the ports the BIM server uses are configurable in the BIM Server Preferences. BIM Server uses one port for the Discovery feature, and 3 service ports per Module (Management, Model, Messaging). All these are configurable through the BIM Server preferences.

Port 1099 is used by default by Java RMI Registry service. ArchiCAD/ BIM Server does use Java for messaging, but you can not control Java settings through the BIM Server, and I am not sure if ArchiCAD is the only application that uses this java service.

Greg
Gergely Kmethy
VP, Customer Success, Graphisoft
Anonymous
Not applicable
Greg can you configure Port 1099 on the BIM Server? If so where I couldn't find it? It is pretty common for server services using Java RMI Registry to be incompatible with one and other. It appears that the BIM Server takes over the standard RMI port and does not allow any other servers to use it when running (Only BIM Server Works). If I run only the other servers they can coexist using the standard RMI port.

I discovered that it is possible to reconfigure the other servers to use a different RMI Port. So that is what I have been doing. But, I would rather leave the compatible servers on the standard Java RMI Registry port and move the BIM Server if it is possible, because if I add future services it would ease installation.
Learn and get certified!