BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Teamwork & BIMcloud
About Teamwork, BIMcloud, BIMcloud Basic, BIMcloud Software as a Service, network settings, etc.

BIM Server acting up.

Anonymous
Not applicable
I have the BIM server on my machine. Two colleagues tried to log into a teamwork project and could get into it but not completely; it said they were offline. I logged into the teamwork file with no problems and could reserve items and do everything just fine. This is a project that we've been working on for a few weeks at the least and this seems to happen sporadically. One error message came up this morning when trying to log in.

"Cannot access the project because it is being used by another process."

We called Graphisoft tech support and they think it's because my machine is not adequate to run the server. Is anyone running the BIM server on a similar machine than mine? Any problems?
9 REPLIES 9
KenMcN
Contributor
Steven
I've seen this message when I have two copies of Archicad open on my machine and try to open the same teamwork file in each one.
No idea of this is a possibility or not in your instance, but just thought it might help.
Kenny
V25 & 26 (fully patched); Mac Ventura, MacBook Pro M1 Max
Greg Kmethy
Graphisoft
Graphisoft
"Cannot access the project because it is being used by another process." usually means that ARchiCAD can not access your "local copy" of the Teamwork file. The local copy is the "TW Data" folder under your user home, on Mac it's "User/Library/Application Support/Graphisoft". If you get this error message, make sure that:
- No virus checking is locking the files (disable virus checking for that folder)
- Your HD is not full/close to full
- Your RAM is not maxed out
- You are not trying to open the project from 2 ArchiCAD instances

You can also use he "Local Data Manager" under Teamwork menu to clean up that folder.
Gergely Kmethy
VP, Customer Success, Graphisoft
Anonymous
Not applicable
Greg,

Ok, thanks. Two different people in my office were trying to access it at the same time, and also, "Time Machine" was backing up my computer, so I believe it was a combination of all those events.

Everyone got into the project with no problems this morning.

Thank you,
Anonymous
Not applicable
Hello Steven,
I have a similar problem. I installed ArchicadServer on my iMac and I also use Archicad on this iMac. It works but there is one small problem, it doesn't work on my users account, I'll get the same message as you do. It works fine on al the other account on my iMac and also in my MBP. Did you ever found out what the problem was?
Anonymous
Not applicable
ErnstdeGroot wrote:
Hello Steven,
I have a similar problem. I installed ArchicadServer on my iMac and I also use Archicad on this iMac. It works but there is one small problem, it doesn't work on my users account, I'll get the same message as you do. It works fine on al the other account on my iMac and also in my MBP. Did you ever found out what the problem was?
Our problem was that teamwork-data folder didn't exists. We had updated usernames some time ago but the link to the folder was still pointing to old user name which didn't exists. So ArchiCAD didn't have privileges to write to "users" folded. The solution was to create the folder (which path showed on TeamServer data-window) and then move the folder link to current usernames Teamserver data-folder.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Hello! Following up on this thread, I have encountered the same problem. Curiously enough it only happens when trying to access our BIMserver from outside the office, using a remote connection. ArchiCAD starts well, gets a license from the keyserver located on the same computer as the BIMserver, connects to the BIMserver (it shows active projects), but when attempting to open any of the teamwork projects, the message appears:

"Cannot access the project because it is being used by another process"

Does anybody have an idea on how to solve this?

We are running ArchiCAD V18 INTERNATIONAL FULL (4020), BIMserver is the same version, host computer is a Mac Mini with plenty of RAM, MacOS Yosemite Server.

Remote computer attempting to access the teamwork project is a MacBookPro with also MacOS Yosemite installed.

Thank you!
Achille Pavlidis
Enthusiast
Same problem here.
Trying to join a teamwork projects gets this message...

tried deleting the TW folder but no luck...

what to do?
Mac OSX 13.6.6 | AC 27 INT 5003 FULL
Anonymous
Not applicable
We received the same messages from only one machine in our office, and were unable to open a teamwork project from the BIM server or share a project from this machine.

This solution worked in our case: Go to users folder/library/application support/graphisoft/twdata folder and delete the contents.

Reopened AC18 and created a simple test project and shared it. When we did this it re-downloaded the necessary information to setup the local TW folder and VOILA all was well.

Might be worth a try.
Anonymous
Not applicable
One addition item can cause this error message to be displayed: If the user is logged in to the computer in an account that differs from the account that was active when the project was joined, the error message will appear. Logging in to the original computer User Account will eliminate the error, restoring access.
Learn and get certified!