BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Teamwork & BIMcloud
About Teamwork, BIMcloud, BIMcloud Basic, BIMcloud Software as a Service, network settings, etc.

BIM Server and BIMCloud Backup Guides

Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
6 REPLIES 6
PB
Advocate
Just the thing I was looking for......but no longer there.......and Im having trouble locating a guide: Can anyone help please?
AC27 Apple Silicon. Twinmotion.
16" M1 Max MacBook Pro 32GB, Apple Studio Display, MacOS14
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
A quick search on Help Center using Google yielded the following results:

http://helpcenter.graphisoft.com/technotes/bimcloud-and-bim-server/bim-server/bim-server-backup-guid...

http://helpcenter.graphisoft.com/technotes/bimcloud-and-bim-server/bimcloud/bim-server-and-bimcloud-...
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
PB
Advocate
Perfect - thank you Laszlo.

I clearly need to sharpen my search skills...!
AC27 Apple Silicon. Twinmotion.
16" M1 Max MacBook Pro 32GB, Apple Studio Display, MacOS14
leceta
Expert
hi,

i already read the backup guide but i still cant figure out how to do a machine migration, in the case that the main server machine dies.

if i understood properly, for "scripted" methods of the guide, in order to clone a bim server, an identical system setup is required (machine name, OS and same Module and Manager), wich makes dificult a quick recovery.

Apart from installing a virtual machine ( the third method of the guide) is it not any other fast setup for backing up and "quickly" recovering all the bim server "as it was", so to say. the scritped recovery method are inacceptable for us, as our bim server is full of active servers...

I´am trying to avoid the investment in virtual software , as long as is it would be possible.

thanks!
leceta
Expert
pleease... this is a critical issue for any office. I already asked in personal conversations to other ACH experts, and no one gives me a clear answer.

may be its a bim server limitation? how does BimCloud manage full server backup issues (I mean, machine migration)?

anykind of feedback would be appreciated...
leceta
Expert
Finally we choose to virtualize our bim server, as long as it seems to be the unique option to quickly migrate or restore the server in case of hardware failure. Recovering or importing projects one by one was not an option in our case.
Learn and get certified!