BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Teamwork & BIMcloud
About Teamwork, BIMcloud, BIMcloud Basic, BIMcloud Software as a Service, network settings, etc.

BIM Server on Wireless Network

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi all,
We have been having lots of trouble with crashes and just overall poor performance lately. I'm pretty sure I know the cause, but seeing as I am not an IT professional, it's just a theory.

Our teamwork file is over 3GB at this point and we run on a COMPLETELY wireless network in the office. Basically, I'm just looking for confirmation that this is a less than ideal setup. It seems to me to have that amount of information constantly streaming through a wireless network would be incredibly slow and is asking for trouble, but again, I'm not an IT professional.

Any thoughts/suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!
1 REPLY 1
NCornia
Graphisoft
Graphisoft
DSquad96,

I would definitely recommend a wired connection over a WiFi connection. But that is not to say a WiFi connection cannot work. After the initial data transfers during the Share and Join processes the data transfer should be very lightweight if you are sending/receiving often enough. So it would not be my first thought that the WiFi connection is the cause of your crashes.

Since you are located in New York you are within the North America support region. Please contact us and we can take a closer look.

Best regards,
Nicholas Cornia
Technical Support Team - GRAPHISOFT North America
ARCHICAD on Twitter
Tutorials
GRAPHISOFT Help Center
Learn and get certified!