BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Teamwork & BIMcloud
About Teamwork, BIMcloud, BIMcloud Basic, BIMcloud Software as a Service, network settings, etc.

BIM Server timeout when initially opening teamwork project

Anonymous
Not applicable
Greetings,

We have recently upgraded to version 14.

I am noticing problems initially opening a teamwork project across our point to point vpn.

If I open a teamwork project for the first time It may need to load 160 mb of data perhaps. I have found that often the connection to the bim server will time out and the data transfer seems to stall.

In my testing I initially opened a file and the data transfer was about 169 mb. It took over 1.5 hours to open the first time but after that it worked properly (I think). However most often the connection to the bim server will timeout during that period and the file will not open.

I am just guessing that the connection is timing out, what the user sees is that basically the data transfer stalls and never restarts.

I haven't found any settings on the server to control this behavior.

It is a mac 10.6 server and mac network in question.

Any ideas are greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Sky
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable
I am concerned because I just read this:

http://www.archicadwiki.com/Teamwork/NetworkSpecification

which states:

Network speed
LAN Networks slower than Fast Ethernet (100 Mbit/s) should be avoided for everyday work. Although networks slower than Ethernet (10 Mbit/s) can appear robust as long as the user is not performing large updates, joining or sharing a project.

Which pretty much describes the behavior I am seeing.

I have a 1.5 mbs dedicated circuit on one side of my vpn and a comcast business class connection on the other side.

So now my question is what is the best proceedure or work around for getting the initial files necessary to open a teamwork file transferred across this vpn connection.

My initial testing shows that once the file is opened properly the first time it seems to work ok in terms of the send/recieve across this vpn connection.

Thank you.
Ed_Brown
Graphisoft Alumni
Graphisoft Alumni
One way to get around Network Bandwidth issues is to use the Travel packet.

Additionally, some data exchange issues over slow networks will be better addressed with the next hotfix to be released.
Graphisoft Technical Support
Learn and get certified!