Teamwork & BIMcloud
About Teamwork, BIMcloud, BIMcloud Basic, BIMcloud Software as a Service, network settings, etc.

BIM server 18 offline

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi everybody,

we switched tot ArchiCAD 18 and the included Bim Server 18 last year. Been working on it for a while now but recently he started to drop out. When joining the teamwork ArchiCAD replies that he couldn't connect and we're going to work in offline mode. When checking the connections the basic network is oké, dns resolve is oké but basic communication gives an error.
The server is not accessible using basic network communication channels. It is possible that a firewall, proxy server, or other software or hardware appliance is blocking the traffic. Check your firewall settings, or contact your network administrator.
So we contacted out network administrator, he tried to restart Bim server (which isn't easy in the 18 version by the way). A reboot didn't help, so we tried to re-install the server. This worked the last time but it isn't an easy way to work.

My question, how can we fix this the easy way. I don't think the firewall is the problem since the bimserver worked perfectly before and it just switched one day to another...

Bimserver is on a windows server
ArchiCAD is on a mac computer

thanks in advance!
Gert-Jan
2 REPLIES 2
Eduardo Rolon
In my case, which might not be yours, the main problem with the connection to the BimServer computer needs a static IP address if it changes either because of the router (my case) or the server then it will be offline.
Eduardo Rolón AIA NCARB
AC27 US/INT -> AC08

Macbook Pro M1 Max 64GB ram, OS X 10.XX latest
another Moderator

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi eduardo,

thanks for the response! I believe we already have a static IP for our server.

regards