Teamwork & BIMcloud
About Teamwork, BIMcloud, BIMcloud Basic, BIMcloud Software as a Service, network settings, etc.

BIM server and ArchiCAD not compatible

Ugljesa Janjic
Newcomer
Hello,
I've just installed my BIM server for the first time and am trying to share some projects with my team.
I get the message that my ArchiCAD (latest hot fix 5005) and BIM server version 3003 are not compatible. I looked everywhere in the BIM Server Manager but could not find it at all. No instructions either anywhere either.

How do I update the server to the newest hot fix and make it compatible with my ArchiCAD?

(I also can't believe that the installation software would not install the latest version of the server compatible with the latest hot fix.)

Can someone please help as this is time sensitive for me now.

Thanks.

Ugljesa
Ugljesa Janjic
ugljesa@janjicarch.com
ArchiCAD 25
Mac OS
4 REPLIES 4
schagemann
Enthusiast
There is a separate installer you need to download and install on the server - from memory it has BS in its name... With every hotfix / update it is the same process.
macinteract
Design Technology Managers.
All  on macOS | since AC 6

Archicad Framework > Smart Template 27
Smart Tree, Transmittal and Universal Label and other smart GDL Objects
By Architects for Architects.
Eduardo Rolon
The "separate installer" is the Archicad Update 5005. You run it again and it will detect that AC is ok but that it needs to Update Bimserver. Check the notes to see if there is a recommendation to install them. If I remember correctly you might need to install one update prior to 5005, but I can be wrong.

http://www.graphisoft.com/downloads/archicad/updates/
Eduardo Rolón AIA NCARB
AC27 US/INT -> AC08

Macbook Pro M1 Max 64GB ram, OS X 10.XX latest
another Moderator

Ugljesa Janjic
Newcomer
Hey, thanks all.
I actually found out how to do it. What I needed to do is the remotely install the same hot fix 5005 on the server, which does the trick for both ArchiCAD and BIM server programs.
Works like a dream now.
Thanks again.
Like with everything, it's the learning that takes up all the time. Once you get it, it is easy and fast.
Cheers.
Ugljesa
Ugljesa Janjic
ugljesa@janjicarch.com
ArchiCAD 25
Mac OS
schagemann
Enthusiast
Oops sorry typed this on the run and should have been more specific...

Yes its the same installer for the updates on both the 'regular' bim server and workstations - however the BIM Cloud server requires a special updater, which for AC19 is available here > http://www.graphisoft.com/downloads/bimcloud/updates/BC19/BC19-4011to5005-ReleaseNotes.html
macinteract
Design Technology Managers.
All  on macOS | since AC 6

Archicad Framework > Smart Template 27
Smart Tree, Transmittal and Universal Label and other smart GDL Objects
By Architects for Architects.