BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Teamwork & BIMcloud
About Teamwork, BIMcloud, BIMcloud Basic, BIMcloud Software as a Service, network settings, etc.

BIM server manager mismatched versions

Anonymous
Not applicable
AC17 4008 in a small, all Mac shop.
BIM Server on a quad-core i7 running OS 10.8
AC17 locally run on i5s and i7s in OS 10.7.

We've just installed BIM Server on a discreet machine, and it seems to be running just fine.

I can run BIM Server Manager from that machine, or by Screen Sharing that machine to my desktop, but I'd like to be able to run BIM Server Manager directly on my desktop, without having to login over there first.

What happens:
I have dl'd BIM Server Manager, and try to run it. It announces that there's a version mismatch - see attached file. [/img]

I tried to re-run Hotfix#3, to get the Manager up to date. But of course, the Hotfix only works on ArchiCAD.app not on the BIM Server Manager. So I can't. Is there a way to update the Manager on its own? Or do I wait for Graphisoft to upload a new 4005 BIM Server Manager? Is it an OS-related thing? i.e. the BIM Server Manager that runs on 10.7 is different from that which runs on 10.8?

Thoughts?
4 REPLIES 4
Link
Graphisoft Partner
Graphisoft Partner
Have you downloaded and run the latest 'BIM Server/BIM Server Manager (17)' update?

You can get it from myarchicad.com. You need to load that on the machine on which you received this warning message.

Cheers,
Link.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Yes, just downloaded and re-ran that installer. Same error message...

Updating to OS 10.8 in the next few days. Any other ideas?
andrew
Anonymous
Not applicable
Further note:
I've checked for the latest version updates on the BIM Server end and on the BIM Server Manager, and we're up to date on all counts.

But...
Within the BIM Server Manager 17 folder, there's an xml doc called ProductVersion.xml
In there, there's a line which reads
<buildnumber>3002</buildnumber>
which references the offending version.

If I change that, BIM Server Manager seems to function seemingly normally...

But I'm flirting with disaster, right? I changed it back after doing a test.
btw, it lists <codename>Gropius</codename>.
cool.
Marton Kiss
Graphisoft
Graphisoft
You are right, that the program checks for the build number in ProductVersion.xml, though the best is keeping that untouched.

Please try to uninstall the BIM Server Manager, maybe some installation information is missing, that is why the hotfix installer cannot find it.

After that update it with the hotfix package.

Let us know the results,
Marton
Marton Kiss
VP, Product Success
GRAPHISOFT
Learn and get certified!