Collaboration with other software
About model and data exchange with 3rd party solutions: Revit, Solibri, dRofus, Bluebeam, structural analysis solutions, and IFC, BCF and DXF/DWG-based exchange, etc.

BIM software for roadway design?

InForma
Contributor
I am interested in a serious, professional (open)BIM solution for roadway, railway... design.
It should be a serious software (like ARCHICAD), not an AutoCAD add-on or derivate (than it is not really BIM) that is able to communicate on high level (IFC) with other OpenBIM solutions.
A reccomendation from GS would be nice too. 😉

THANKS!
hiCAD - BIM technology distribution and implementation
6 REPLIES 6
Dave Seabury
Advocate
Take a look at this

http://www.softree.com/

Not native to Archicad so in/out in dwg.

They will demo it with you on one of your projects.

David
AC 19-24 Windows 10 64 bit, Dell Prercision 7820, Xeon Silver 2414R ( 12 Cores), 64 GB Ram, Quadro RTX 4000 8GB
InForma
Contributor
Thank you David, but that is not it at all.

DWG based communication is not BIM!
I am interested in a serious, professional (open)BIM solution for roadway, railway... design.
It should be a serious software (like ARCHICAD), not an AutoCAD add-on or derivate (than it is not really BIM) that is able to communicate on high level (IFC) with other OpenBIM solutions.
InForma
Contributor
GRAPHISOFT?
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
This is a user forum, so people from GRAPHISOFT rarely participate in the discussions. They are busy developing a program for us.

By the way, GRAPHISOFT is in the architectural design software field, I don't think they as a company should be asked to say what is a good and capable road design tool. I think one has to be pretty expert in a field in order to give official recommendations, and, as I said, road design is just not their field of operation and expertise.
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
InForma
Contributor
If you look at the names of Moderators, most of them are GRAPHISOFT people. This forum is exactly what they are (should be) looking at so they could develope the best program for us.

BTW, an architect is in the center of the building industry, so should be the tool that an architect use. The architects tool should be able to communicate with most of the other tools in the Industry on the highest possible level. This is why a software like ARCHICAD should be, and is the leader in BIM and OpenBIM philosophy. It means that GRAPHISOFT should be aware of most of the solutions in the field.

On the other hand, I am counting on the experience, that the users of ARCHICAD might have (themselves or by cooperating with different disciplines) with "Other Products". This time a "BIM solution for road design".

This is why I am posting this question here.
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
It's OK, I was simply reflecting on you addressing GRAPHISOFT directly.
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27