Teamwork & BIMcloud
About Teamwork, BIMcloud, BIMcloud Basic, BIMcloud Software as a Service, network settings, etc.

BIMcloud 2019.4 Released and new Help Center Article

Noemi Balogh
Community Admin
Community Admin
Dear All,

BIMcloud 2019.4 is now available. The unified installer package is accessible on the BIMcloud download site. So far, we have tested the package with the AUS, AUT, FIN, GER, INT, NED, NOR, NZE, SWE, UKI and USA language versions. Support for other versions is coming soon.

This BIMcloud package can be used to install, extend or update any BIMcloud components. BIM Server users starting with version 19 can also use this package to update their BIM Server to BIMcloud Basic to get the latest improvements and fixes.

This release has three focuses:
  • Introducing tagging possibility in BIMcloud, allowing users to categorize and locate their Projects and Libraries with tags on the BIMcloud Manager user interface
  • Providing compatibility with macOS 10.15 Catalina which requires changes in the installation process, please consult our Help Center article for the changes
  • Delivering fixes
Due to the fixes, we recommend this version to all BIMcloud and BIMcloud Basic customers.

Kind regards,

Noémi Balogh

Community Expert, Admin

3 REPLIES 3
deivarch
Participant
So, I haven't complained these past few months as BIMcloud v. 2019.2 and 2019.3 both consistently fail to make the bimserver accessible. Why? Because I kept my primary BIMcloud on 2018.2 version. But with Archicad 23, I have just installed the new BIMcloud 2019.4 and still the same error: Server is not accessible!

Please fix this! I've tried running in on Mac and on PC and both are having the same problem. In case you think it's my network, both the Mac and the PC are still running 2018.2 just fine with no errors. So I fairly certain there is something wrong with the BIMcloud build being pushed. I'd like to start transitioning to AC 23 as soon as possible but will not until this issue is resolved.

Thank you, GS team for all your great work, but please fix this!
Noemi Balogh
Community Admin
Community Admin
Hi deivarch,

I'm sorry to read you have issues with our updates.

From my experience, usually this kind of issue what you mentioned can be caused by the following:

1. One or more BIMcloud Only feature is turned on - during the installation and configuration process, it is possible to enable BIMcloud Only features, like Full BIMcloud Server Backup and External Snapshots. If any of these are turned on, BIMcloud Server will stop for BIMcloud Basic customers until the feature(s) is(are) turned off.

2. BIMcloud Server's port is configured to an existing BIMcloud Server's port - this leads to that none of the BIMcloud Servers are accessible. After restarting the computer, maybe one of them can start, but since two different applications try to use the same port number, it causes issues. Check in the Configurator if all BIMcloud components have a unique port number.

3. BIMcloud Server could not communicate because of a race condition - might happen that there are not enough free ports on the computer, so the BIMcloud Manager cannot communicate with the BIMcloud Server. Usually this kind of issue can be solved by restarting the computer.

4. Installation / Update process of BIMcloud Server was not successful - try to run the installer again in repair mode, if the first installation / update was corrupted, this might can fix it for you.

If none of the above is true, and you experience the same with another installation / update, please drop me a private message to discuss further steps.

Kind regards,

Noémi Balogh

Community Expert, Admin

deivarch
Participant
nbalogh, Thanks!

The first was the problem:

"1. One or more BIMcloud Only feature is turned on - during the installation and configuration process, it is possible to enable BIMcloud Only features, like Full BIMcloud Server Backup and External Snapshots. If any of these are turned on, BIMcloud Server will stop for BIMcloud Basic customers until the feature(s) is(are) turned off."

In the 2018.2 version, those features worked on Bimcloud basic, so I didn't know that functionality had been removed for Basic on 2019 versions. But that did the trick and the server is responding properly now.