BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Teamwork & BIMcloud
About Teamwork, BIMcloud, BIMcloud Basic, BIMcloud Software as a Service, network settings, etc.
SOLVED!

BIMcloud Basic - Switch from AC24 to AC26

rm
Expert

If I understand this correctly, with BIMcloud Basic, all users have to use the same version of AC a BIMcloud Server for that particular version of AC.  We have stuck to AC24 using a BIMcloud Server for that version of AC.  We are skipping AC25 and wanting to move to AC26.

Is it possible to "turn off" the BIMcloud Server for AC24 and create a BIMcloud Server for AC26, without losing settings for AC24, incase we have to go back to it?

I'm under the impression you can have multiple BIMcloud Servers in Basic and just activate the one you need, but everyone has to work off the same one unlike the extra cost version of BIMcloud.

Thanks in advance!

Robert Mariani
MARIANI design studio, PLLC
Architecture / Architectural Photography
www.robertmariani.com

Mac OSX 13.1
AC 24 / 25 / 26
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solution

You need to install the app again. You basically install a copy of the app for every version you need and then during set up you tell it which version of Archicad it is for. It sounds like your old one will need updating too. 

Lee Hankins
ArchiCAD 4.5 - Archicad 27UKI Apple Silicon 27.2.0
macOS Sonoma (14.4.1)

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

We have a BIMcloud Basic for Archicad 24, 25 and 26. So long as all users using the relevant BIMcloud Basic server are running the same build of Archicad it will work fine. Only AC25 can access files on the BIMcloud Basic Server for 25 and the same for 24 and 26. We run Archicad 24, 25 and 26 alongside each other due to the stage of various projects. 

Lee Hankins
macOS Sonoma (14.4.1)

Lee, that was what I was hoping to hear, thank you! 

Now the crazy part, we setup BIMcloud Basic almost 2 years ago.  I cant seem to figure out where/how to add a 2nd BIM Server for AC26.   I can get into the BIMcloud Manager, but that seems to be the place to adjust the current AC24 BIMcloud settings.

Cant remember if there is another app to create a new server?

Robert Mariani
www.robertmariani.com

Mac OSX 13.1
AC 24 / 25 / 26
Solution

You need to install the app again. You basically install a copy of the app for every version you need and then during set up you tell it which version of Archicad it is for. It sounds like your old one will need updating too. 

Lee Hankins
macOS Sonoma (14.4.1)

Thanks for the tips Lee, that worked!

To be clear, under the BIMcloud Basic Manager, you can only view and access 1 server at a time and only 1 AC version.  It appears from GS website, with the paid version of BIMcloud, you can see and access multiple BIM servers and AC can be used in any version vs., not just 1 version.  Am I understanding that correctly?

Robert Mariani
www.robertmariani.com

Mac OSX 13.1
AC 24 / 25 / 26

I believe that is correct yes. You also get additional features like auto reserve and backup is much easier. Unfortunately we cannot justify the additional expense for our office. 

Lee Hankins
macOS Sonoma (14.4.1)
Learn and get certified!