Collaboration with other software
About model and data exchange with 3rd party solutions: Revit, Solibri, dRofus, Bluebeam, structural analysis solutions, and IFC, BCF and DXF/DWG-based exchange, etc.

BIMcloud Discontinued

We got confirmation that the upgrade to BIMcloud Basic has been discontinued.

Graphisoft: this is a hugely boneheaded move on your part. And the first one that I've ever felt the need to rant about in a public forum.

What are you thinking?

We don't want to have our projected hosted on your servers, but are getting advise from your Tech Support team that we might benefit from the features in BIMcloud.

Furthermore, you BIM Manager Course Team describe it as a product.

FAIL. FAIL. FAIL.

Think Like a Spec Writer
AC4.55 through 27 / USA AC27-4060 USA
Rhino 8 Mac
MacOS 14.2.1
15 REPLIES 15
Mscott
Graphisoft
Graphisoft

I don't think BIMcloud Basic has been discontinued instead it was compiled into one BIMcloud Installer file. When the installer file is run during the setup you can choose the BIMcloud Basic version and it'll work the same as the previous versions. 

See https://helpcenter.Graphisoft.com/Graphisoft-archives/83073/  for guidance in which at step "select product plan" you can choose BIMcloud Basic here.

Basic is not discontinued, but the option to have a more fully featured server product managed an  in-house server - BIMcloud has. 

Think Like a Spec Writer
Rhino 8 Mac
MacOS 14.2.1
Mscott
Graphisoft
Graphisoft

There are three tiers of BIMcloud:

BIMcloud Basic which you can install in house and is managed by the user. 

BIMcloud (we refer to it as premium in the UK) which again can be installed in house and managed by the user or hosted on cloud services. 

BIMcloud SaaS (Subscription as a Service) which is a paid subscription to Graphisoft in which the server is hosted by Graphisoft. 

Is this not the same in the USA?

I panicked when I saw this. I am pretty sure we have BIMcloud Basic, looked at the SaaS version but cannot justify the expenditure at present. What's the difference with BIMcloud and BIMcloud Basic? We installed it years ago when it was BIM Server and kind of lost track of how it has evolved.

Lee Hankins
ArchiCAD 4.5 - Archicad 27UKI Apple Silicon 27.1.1
macOS Sonoma (14.2)

You can see a feature comparison of all three via https://Graphisoft.com/solutions/BIMcloud 

BIM server was rebranded to BIMcloud Basic then the two new products BIMcloud/BIMcloud SaaS were released. 

Thanks for that. BIMcloud is the pay for subscription isn't it?

Lee Hankins
ArchiCAD 4.5 - Archicad 27UKI Apple Silicon 27.1.1
macOS Sonoma (14.2)

@MscottSaaS stands for "Software as a Service" (meaning a hosted product) ... NOT "Subscription as a Service".  Instructors in the BIM Manager Course also incorrectly call it Subscription as a Service.  Of course, typically SaaS is done via subscription, which may be where the confusion steps in.  But, worth not muddying the waters 🙂

One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.6, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB

Friday's Cross-Canada Internet outage is one sure reason why the BIMcloud product should be sold and supported here in North America. No market for it? Sorry, but that is a pretty lame rationale you've offered.

Think Like a Spec Writer
Rhino 8 Mac
MacOS 14.2.1
Huaralsheep
Contributor

Greetings, so if BIMcloud Basic for Archicad 26 has not been discontinued, where can I find the installer? On the International website I only see the BIMcloud-2022.1-26.0.222.3000-1.2-INTEL version, is this version compatible with AC26?