Collaboration with other software
About model and data exchange with 3rd party solutions: Revit, Solibri, dRofus, Bluebeam, structural analysis solutions, and IFC, BCF and DXF/DWG-based exchange, etc.

BIMcloud Discontinued

We got confirmation that the upgrade to BIMcloud Basic has been discontinued.

Graphisoft: this is a hugely boneheaded move on your part. And the first one that I've ever felt the need to rant about in a public forum.

What are you thinking?

We don't want to have our projected hosted on your servers, but are getting advise from your Tech Support team that we might benefit from the features in BIMcloud.

Furthermore, you BIM Manager Course Team describe it as a product.

FAIL. FAIL. FAIL.

Think Like a Spec Writer
AC4.55 through 27 / USA AC27-4060 USA
Rhino 8 Mac
MacOS 14.2.1
15 REPLIES 15

The latest version of BIMcloud is compatible. That’s the one I’ve installed. You just select the version you want to install. 

Lee Hankins
ArchiCAD 4.5 - Archicad 27UKI Apple Silicon 27.1.1
macOS Sonoma (14.2)

It is correct, I have installed that version of BIMcloud and I was able to select Archicad 26. I am calm since BIMcloud Basic is still available as the previous versions. Thanks.

KKuhnlein
Graphisoft
Graphisoft

Hi Aaron,

Thank you for posting your feelings. It appears there is a misunderstanding. BIMcloud Basic and BIMcloud Saas are the two products sold in North America. Our Key Accounts team has a meeting with your firm leadership next week to discuss this topic. We can address any questions at that time.

For others on this thread, BIMcloud Basic has not been discontinued.

It's not a misunderstanding. My original post in this thread never referred to BIMcloud Basic. Anyone's interpreting my reference BIMcloud was their own.

Think Like a Spec Writer
Rhino 8 Mac
MacOS 14.2.1

@Aaron Bourgoin wrote:

It's not a misunderstanding. My original post in this thread never referred to BIMcloud Basic. Anyone's interpreting my reference BIMcloud was their own.

Are you sure?

BarryKelly_0-1659965964759.png

Barry.

One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11

Yes Barry, In other GS Sales markets, there is an upgrade from BIMcloud Basic to BIMcloud. I was told originally that the upgrade had been discontinued. Then I was told that it wasn't discontinued, but rather just not offered in North America. 

Think Like a Spec Writer
Rhino 8 Mac
MacOS 14.2.1