BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Teamwork & BIMcloud
About Teamwork, BIMcloud, BIMcloud Basic, BIMcloud Software as a Service, network settings, etc.

BIMcloud Library does not load

AEismann
Participant
Hi all,

We are using archicad 23 together with BIMcloud basic for archicad 23 ver. 2019.4 (23.0.2504.1102). As you can see in the screenshots attached, we have a library with files in it 76MB, which of we cannot see the content or use it. I tried to delete the local library, but it still does not work, any suggestions ?

Kind regards,
A. Eismann
AC23 NED 7000 | AC24 NED 5000

Win10 | i9-9900k | 32GB | RTX 2080 Ti
21 REPLIES 21
Anonymous
Not applicable
Do you need the library to be a .lcf file?

For the libraries, that have something to do only with that particular project, we have a "project library" subfolder under the project on the server and there we dump all the non-standard library parts. It's just "loose" .gdl files, project-specific textures and stuff like that, but they can be also sorted in folders for better orientation.

The whole "project library folder" is then Uploaded as a BIM Library. No .lcf.

It's quite easy to handle, it's just copying and pasting files in your file explorer. When something changes or we add a new object/texture/subfolder/..., it's usually just a simple update of that library in the Manage BIMcloud Libraries menu.
AEismann
Participant
Hi mbl,

Im not sure what you mean by that. Can you be more specific ? Where is that subfolder located ? How do you upload it as a bim library ? I dont know a way to upload files to the server which is not via .lcf or to an existing Library. Thanks.
mbl wrote:
Do you need the library to be a .lcf file?

For the libraries, that have something to do only with that particular project, we have a "project library" subfolder under the project on the server and there we dump all the non-standard library parts. It's just "loose" .gdl files, project-specific textures and stuff like that, but they can be also sorted in folders for better orientation.

The whole "project library folder" is then Uploaded as a BIM Library. No .lcf.

It's quite easy to handle, it's just copying and pasting files in your file explorer. When something changes or we add a new object/texture/subfolder/..., it's usually just a simple update of that library in the Manage BIMcloud Libraries menu.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Sorry, I'm not being very clear. When I said a folder on a "server" I meant on a "network drive". And I meant a "regular" Windows or Mac folder with our library objects (or textures) that we keep in the project folder.
It can theoretically be also on your local drive, but usually more people need to access it too.

There is info on how to upload it to BIMcloud on the link I posted earlier. Under "Upload a Library to BIMcloud".
https://helpcenter.graphisoft.com/user-guide/88411/
AEismann
Participant
Thanks for clarifying that ! In the library manager, when selecting a library and then viewing its content theres an option to upload a file or a folder directly without having to sync. That option is not always available (Greyed out). Does anyone know why ?
mbl wrote:
Sorry, I'm not being very clear. When I said a folder on a "server" I meant on a "network drive". And I meant a "regular" Windows or Mac folder with our library objects (or textures) that we keep in the project folder.
It can theoretically be also on your local drive, but usually more people need to access it too.

There is info on how to upload it to BIMcloud on the link I posted earlier. Under "Upload a Library to BIMcloud".
https://helpcenter.graphisoft.com/user-guide/88411/

AEismann
Participant
more specifically about the availability of these buttons :

AEismann
Participant
lcf exchange between 23/24 causes crashes (great work Graphisoft ! looking forward towards 25).

solution for this is to use native import export of bimcloud which would not result in graying out of the functionality of editing a library (great work Graphisoft).

Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
AEismann wrote:
lcf exchange between 23/24 causes crashes (great work Graphisoft ! looking forward towards 25).

solution for this is to use native import-export of BIMcloud which would not result in graying out of the functionality of editing a library (great work Graphisoft).

What do you mean by "LCF exchange between 23/24"? Do you load the AC23 LCF file into an AC24 project?
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
AEismann
Participant
yes, correct.

Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
One more question, just to be sure: So you upload your default AC23 library to BIMcloud and then add that LCF from BIMcloud to your AC24 Teamwork project? Which localized version is this?
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
AEismann
Participant
LaszloNagy wrote:
One more question, just to be sure: So you upload your default AC23 library to BIMcloud and then add that LCF from BIMcloud to your AC24 Teamwork project? Which localized version is this?
Its a small independent library we have (so not the standard or key membership edition we have) with a couple of objects and textures. I create a container from it using file > libraries and objects > create container.
Then in Library manager add > add bimcloud library > upload > choose that lcf. crash.
The local version of our archicad is NED / the netherlands. To be honest after years I still dont know how to create a new bim cloud library from scratch (then i could import files directly into it). As well i still dont get why some library cannot be modified (grey buttons).

Learn and get certified!