BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Teamwork & BIMcloud
About Teamwork, BIMcloud, BIMcloud Basic, BIMcloud Software as a Service, network settings, etc.

BIMcloud Server CommandLineConfigurator subliminal messages

I have been getting these “BIMcloud Server CommandLineConfigurator” self-hiding popups every now and then for some time, different Archicad versions. The messages start popping up and disappearing intermittently (short movie at https://www.dropbox.com/s/fkqefvrbzk3trfc/BIM%20server%20message%20clipped.mov?dl=0), even after quitting Archicad and anything related, and even after hitting “Allow”; the only way out I've found is restarting.

This session happened with AC 24.
5 REPLIES 5
Noemi Balogh
Community Admin
Community Admin
Hi Ignacio,

I suspect you have BIMcloud Basic installed on the same computer where Archicad is running. This is strongly not recommended as Archicad won't let BIMcloud Basic enough resources, but other than that, this message is showing up because you also turned on the firewall of your mac.

Our BIMcloud Server CommandLineConfigurator Tool is used by the BIMcloud Monitor (tray icon) to check if the BIMcloud Server is up and running or not. Therefore, it starts a new client for each request, and these clients have a different port number, which causes the issue with the firewall.

To solve this issue, I suggest put all BIMcloud related applications and services to an exception list in your firewall settings, so you won't have this message again.

Kind regards,

Noémi Balogh

Community Expert, Admin

I did install BIMcloud Basic on this computer ages ago for some kind of experiment —it is certainly not hosting any project (and Archicad was not running at the time of these popups). Back then I had set it in the menu bar icon to 'Disabled All' but now I see it is showing not disabled —I understand disabling all should stop all that activity, please correct me otherwise.

I do have three BIMcloud applications in Exceptions (picture attached), which was probably set at the time of installation. So are all Archicad installations, which I guess must be done by default during installation. Is there any other related app that should theoretically go in there?

I have some other computer with the exact same setup and did run bimserver projects from that one, and don't remember having seen similar messages. In a way it is good the messages here sort of warned to Disable All.

Also, isn't it strange that the messages kept appearing *after* managing to hit 'Allow' in the vanishing popup? That happened more than once, which is the reason I started going straight for restart every time they reappeared.

Thanks very much.
Noemi Balogh
Community Admin
Community Admin
What you get as a pop-up is purely coming from BIMcloud, and has nothing to do with Archicad. Also, in case you don't use this BIMcloud, I suggest to uninstall it - easiest solution to get rid of these pop-ups.

Noémi

Noémi Balogh

Community Expert, Admin

Should 'Disable All' do the job?
Noemi Balogh
Community Admin
Community Admin
Should. But unfortunately I'm not an expert of Apple's firewall, so I might be wrong. I think it would be more clear to uninstall BIMcloud from this computer, specially if you wish to use BIMcloud later.

Noémi Balogh

Community Expert, Admin

Learn and get certified!

Didn't find the answer?

Check other topics in this Forum

Back to Forum

Read the latest accepted solutions!

Accepted Solutions

Start a new conversation!