Teamwork & BIMcloud
About Teamwork, BIMcloud, BIMcloud Basic, BIMcloud Software as a Service, network settings, etc.

BIMcloud doesn't automatically save PLN backups

AEismann
Participant
Hi all,

We are having a problem with our archicad 21 and bim cloud where it stopped automatically saving .PLN files.

The settings are set for every 3 hours although changing it doesn't help.
The 'project root' settings are just not there for me (the archicad help web page suggests to change it). - graphisoft should update this information because it very misleading. what they are referring to does not exist in our BimCloud.
I installed the BimCloud again but it didnt solve any of these problems, I just got more of them.

can somebody explain what is the 'authentication key' ? It caused us issues. I know we used it in the previous versions of the bim-server and now with the new one. The funny or not-so-funny thing is that the BimCloud Server requires it to work, but there's not way of getting it from the Client side anymore.

Did anybody have the same issues ?

Thanks in advance.

A. Eismann
AC23 NED 7000 | AC24 NED 5000

Win10 | i9-9900k | 32GB | RTX 2080 Ti
6 REPLIES 6
Noemi Balogh
Community Admin
Community Admin
Hi,

1. PLN snapshot issue:

Thank you for the feedback. I will mention in the article that for BIMcloud Basic users they need to do it project-by-project. In your case this is the same, follow the steps, but instead of the Projects root, modify the settings on all affected projects.

2. BIMcloud authentication key

This provides security in the communication between the BIMcloud components (Manager and Server). In case of BIMcloud Basic the key pairing should happen automatically. However, in some cases the OS can block this, which results the Manager cannot see the Server.

BIMcloud Server pairing is a licensed feature, therefore it is not available in Basic. However, if you have the issue mentioned above, I recommend to do this:
1/ Upgrade BIMcloud Basic to BIMcloud
2/ Pair BIMcloud Server to BIMcloud Manager > see Help Center article: https://helpcenter.graphisoft.com/user-guide/83121/
3/ Downgrade back to BIMcloud Basic

Kind regards,

Noémi Balogh

Community Expert, Admin

AEismann
Participant
Dear Noemi,

Thank you very much for you reply, I have some questions / remarks :

1. Autosaving .pln files does stopped working for one of our projects, what to do ?

2. Bimcloud Auth key - I understand that it 'should' happen automatically, Notice that in the server configuration settings (traybar) the last tab (if you click next) there's room to provide for a key, let say its deleted - I will not find it again anywhere. We don't have BIMcloud, so please provide a solution for BIMcloud Basic because if I delete my Auth key for BIMclound Basic by mistake, there's no way for me find it back. So or provide an article for how to find it, or make a function to see it from the client side or remove that tab from the server configuration. Thank you.

Kind regards,
A. Eismann

Noemi Balogh
Community Admin
Community Admin
Hi,

1. PLN snapshot issue:

a/ Open BIMcloud Manager
b/ Go to Projects page
c/ Select affected project
d/ Click on Snapshots panel
e/ Reschedule current settings of PLN snapshots
f/ In ARCHICAD finish PLN snapshot creating process

2. BIMcloud pairing

Since BIMcloud 2018.2 you can easily switch between BIMcloud and BIMcloud Basic. For all BIMcloud we include one license built-in, which is absolutely free. To go through the Pair process you don't need to pay anything. Also, since the BIMcloud Server is not paired yet, I'm hundred percent sure no one's work will be hindered more than it is already.

Authentication keys (Public and Private key) should be not bothered by the program itself, however, if you deleted all keys somehow, I recommend to reinstall the whole program. If you have any data already, please contact your local support.

Kind regards,

Noémi Balogh

Community Expert, Admin

AEismann
Participant
Dear Noemi,

1. Already tried a lot of things to fix the PLN issue including duplicating the project and changing the schedules, none of this helps.

2.I tried to click the upgrade button but i get a message - 'We could not find available license(s). Please contact your reseller.'

what to do ?

Kind regards,
A. Eismann

Noemi Balogh
Community Admin
Community Admin
Hi,

May I ask you to contact me in private message?

So we can discuss further actions.

Kind regards,

Noémi Balogh

Community Expert, Admin

AEismann
Participant
I sent you a private message