BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Collaboration with other software
About model and data exchange with 3rd party solutions: Revit, Solibri, dRofus, Bluebeam, structural analysis solutions, and IFC, BCF and DXF/DWG-based exchange, etc.

BIMobject® App for ArchiCAD.

Ben Odonnell
Contributor
Today we announced the release of the Bimobject® App for ArchiCAD. This is a big milestone of us here at BIMobject. The BIMobject® App for ArchiCAD is by far the most sophisticated to date. With the introduction of the whole BIMail system and the Featured Manufactures this make the BIMobject® App for ArchiCAD second to none.

The BIMobject® app for ArchiCAD is easy to install and will create a new tool bar (menu tab), the app gives you access to all of the real BIM objects from real manufacturers in a easy and convenient way.

Download the Windows version for ArchiCAD 15, 16 and 17 here

The Macintosh version for ArchiCAD 15,16 and 17 will be available second half of July.

The APP lets you quickly and easily browse the BIMobject® cloud database online and filter among all objects from building- and interior manufacturers. A simple click on download and the BIM objects appears in the ArchiCAD users project and ready for placement and further configuration.

Newly added content is visible immediately from within the ArchiCAD application.

If you need help with the installation or how to find your API key after you registered at bimobject.com, click here

Ben
Ben O'Donnell
Architect and CTO at BIMobject®
Get your BIM objects from bimobject.com
11 REPLIES 11
Ben Odonnell
Contributor
MAC OSX version available!

Today we have released the MAC version of the BIMobject® app for ArchiCAD. The app is available for ArchiCAD 15, 16 and 17.

We have updated the Windows version too. In the update we have fixed the loading times, we have speed it up by 5x! We have implemented a new updating infrastructure so you will be notified from with in ArchiCAD when we release new updates and versions. You can find the MAC versions and the updated PC version Here
Ben O'Donnell
Fra
Booster
In which folder to install the addon in Os X?

Francesco
AC25 AC26 (Ita)

Mac Studio M1 Max 64 GB - OSX 12.4
Ben Odonnell
Contributor
You can simply create a folder called, BIMobject.

Ben
Ben O'Donnell
David Maudlin
Virtuoso
Ben:

I installed on AC17. I could not find a way to add the add-ons commands to my Work Environment (I prefer that they be in a menu rather than a toolbar), and once I closed the toolbar, I could not find a way to get it back. Are there any controls for the add-on's interface?

David
David Maudlin / Architect
www.davidmaudlin.com
Digital Architecture
AC27 USA • iMac 27" 4.0GHz Quad-core i7 OSX11 | 24 gb ram • MacBook Pro M3 Pro | 36 gb ram OSX14
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
Ben,
Let me just remark that I believe the word "App" is misnomer in ArchiCAD's context. The word "App" mostly refers to applications for mobile phones and tablets.
ArchiCAD only has Add-Ons that extend the functionality of the program. There is no such thing as an App in ArchiCAD terminology.
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
Barry Kelly
David wrote:
... and once I closed the toolbar, I could not find a way to get it back. Are there any controls for the add-on's interface?
Have you tried in the WINDOW menu > PALETTES.
Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
David Maudlin
Virtuoso
Barry wrote:
David wrote:
... and once I closed the toolbar, I could not find a way to get it back. Are there any controls for the add-on's interface?
Have you tried in the WINDOW menu > PALETTES.
Yes, also List of Toolbars. I have searched through the Work Environment for the related commands and found nothing. The add-on is installed by dragging it into the Add-Ons folder, rather than an installation wizard like the Goodies, so it may be more limited.

David
David Maudlin / Architect
www.davidmaudlin.com
Digital Architecture
AC27 USA • iMac 27" 4.0GHz Quad-core i7 OSX11 | 24 gb ram • MacBook Pro M3 Pro | 36 gb ram OSX14
Jere
Expert
It's listed as a palette for me under Windows/palettes.
ArchiCAD 26-5002; Windows 11; Intel i7-10700KF; 16GB RAM, GeForce GTX 1660
Jere
Expert
I've downloaded an object a couple of times, but can't find it anywhere in the library, including the embedded library.

Any suggestions?

I'm trying to use the Purus shower grate. I should note, I've downloaded some other objects using the BIMobject add-on with no troubles.

Edit: I've found it listed in the library manager, but with an X beside it (see attached image.) Any idea what that means?

Edit2: nevermind. I reloaded the library and it seems to be working now.
library_X.PNG
ArchiCAD 26-5002; Windows 11; Intel i7-10700KF; 16GB RAM, GeForce GTX 1660
Learn and get certified!