Collaboration with other software
About model and data exchange with 3rd party solutions: Revit, Solibri, dRofus, Bluebeam, structural analysis solutions, and IFC, BCF and DXF/DWG-based exchange, etc.

Batch import?

TomWaltz
Participant
We recently purchased a CD with about 150 roofing details, and I would like to import that in as an Archicad library.

I know you can export/publish several things at once. Is there any way to import several things at once?

Thanks!!

-Tom
Tom Waltz
2 REPLIES 2
Djordje
Ace
knacad wrote:
We recently purchased a CD with about 150 roofing details, and I would like to import that in as an Archicad library.

I know you can export/publish several things at once. Is there any way to import several things at once?
If you want them in PlotMaker, no problem - Import, show folder, highlight files, done.

If you want them in ArchiCAD as a library, first (I suppose they are DWGs?) place them in an AutoCAD drawing as blocks, and then open that drawing in ArchiCAD, you will create the library in one go.

I see no point in making them lib parts, as you can link the DWG to the detail drawing/marker, and place it in PlotMaker layout. The only issue might be the pen colors, but that you have to sort out anyway.

HTH,
Djordje

ArchiCAD since 4.55 ... 1995
HP Omen
TomWaltz
Participant
If you want them in ArchiCAD as a library, first (I suppose they are DWGs?) place them in an AutoCAD drawing as blocks, and then open that drawing in ArchiCAD, you will create the library in one go.
That's what I was trying to do: Insert them into Autocad, then import the Autocad drawing, creating the library.

I suppose my question now is if anyone knows of a way to place 150 blocks in Autocad in a few steps, instead of "Insert->Block" 150 times.
Tom Waltz