Collaboration with other software
About model and data exchange with 3rd party solutions: Revit, Solibri, dRofus, Bluebeam, structural analysis solutions, and IFC, BCF and DXF/DWG-based exchange, etc.
SOLVED!

Beam volume doubled in schedule?

kajnorberg
Booster
Hi!

Today I discovered a curious issue when calculating material volumes. All my beams doubled their volume in the schedule. I tried converting them all to morphs and all of them were halved in volume to their correct amount. Why is this happening? It is creating quite a lot of problems for me!

Thank you!
/Kaj
Archicad 24-26 SWE
Dell Precision 5560
Windows 11 Pro
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solution
James B
Graphisoft
Graphisoft
I'd also check the schedule scheme, is it checking Beam and/or Beam Segment? It may be checking the Beam and Beam Segment data - may want to add element type is not Beam Segment.
James Badcock
Graphisoft Senior Product Manager

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Barry Kelly
What type of schedule is it - element or component?
Can you post a screen shot of the schedule settings - criteria and fields?

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
Solution
James B
Graphisoft
Graphisoft
I'd also check the schedule scheme, is it checking Beam and/or Beam Segment? It may be checking the Beam and Beam Segment data - may want to add element type is not Beam Segment.
James Badcock
Graphisoft Senior Product Manager
vdentello
Advocate
The Same applies for Columns. You Have to either select Beam Parts or "Full" Beam, if you calculate volume you have to exclude one of them or you'll get duplicate values.
They actually "coexist" in the model.
Archicad User Since 2013
GDL Developer
Experimenting with API
from Brazil
kajnorberg
Booster
Ah yes, thank you all! That was it!

I was using the components interactive schedule and hadn't really specified what element types should be included, but it worked if I removed either one of them.

Thanks again!
Archicad 24-26 SWE
Dell Precision 5560
Windows 11 Pro
DavorP
Enthusiast

TBH, this is a quite radical approach GS is taking to scheduling items. It is not clear at all this will happen when you create a schedule.

In my opinion, it should exclude double elements by default or simply not schedule them unless they are implicitly specified.

Hope GS realises that a lot of schedules created in Archicad are most likely issued with wrong quantities.

My wish would be to have a category of items to include/exclude in schedules or selection criteria etc.. Similar to how you have "All types", "3D types" and "2D types", perhaps "All subcomponents" or whatever naming convention GS chooses to use.

It is a bit of work to add a long list of exclusions every time you are building a schedule.

BIM manager