BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Teamwork & BIMcloud
About Teamwork, BIMcloud, BIMcloud Basic, BIMcloud Software as a Service, network settings, etc.

Best procedure to restart the BimServer 18

Eduardo Rolon
How do you restart TW when the bimserver crashes and the web interface says that it is not available?

I just open a TW file found that I was offline, checked that the static IP address on the server had not changed and since it hadn't and I was still offline then went to the second step of clicking on "Reconfigure v18 module" since it is the only place I have found a "restart" button and clicked.

The result is everybody was kicked out of the Bimserver!!!
Eduardo Rolón AIA NCARB
AC27 US/INT -> AC08

Macbook Pro M1 Max 64GB ram, OS X 10.XX latest
another Moderator

6 REPLIES 6
Mjules
Mentor
When I try to do so, a message error occurred. Please see the attached file.
Screen Shot 2014-07-27 at 10.56.09 PM.png
Martin Luther Jules
AC 10-27 (Full)
Asus | 64 GB RAM | Windows 11
Marton Kiss
Graphisoft
Graphisoft
ejrolon wrote:
How do you restart TW when the bimserver crashes and the web interface says that it is not available?

I just open a TW file found that I was offline, checked that the static IP address on the server had not changed and since it hadn't and I was still offline then went to the second step of clicking on "Reconfigure v18 module" since it is the only place I have found a "restart" button and clicked.

The result is everybody was kicked out of the Bimserver!!!
Eduardo,

please find here an article shwoing how you can restart BIM Server 18 manually or check if its services are running: http://helpcenter.graphisoft.com/?p=41958

Marton
Marton Kiss
VP, Product Success
GRAPHISOFT
Eduardo Rolon
Thanks Marton
Will double clicking the files work?

-----
Martin (Mjules) though your question has nothing to do with mine and I am just guessing, if you are installing on a Mac please check that your permissions are correct on the folder that you are installing and that you are running as administrator before installing BimServer. If you are installing on Windows I cannot be of help.

For future reference, it is not a good practice to hijack threads since it makes finding answers difficult.
Eduardo Rolón AIA NCARB
AC27 US/INT -> AC08

another Moderator

Marton Kiss
Graphisoft
Graphisoft
ejrolon wrote:
Thanks Marton
Will double clicking the files work?
No, on Mac you will need to use the terminal commands, so first of all open terminal.

For a complete restart first stop the server:
- sudo launchctl unload /Library/LaunchDaemons/com.graphisoft.PortalServerService-v18.0.plist
- sudo launchctl unload /Library/LaunchDaemons/com.graphisoft.TeamworkApplicationServerMonitor-v18.0.plist

then start it again:
- sudo launchctl load /Library/LaunchDaemons/com.graphisoft.PortalServerService-v18.0.plist
- sudo launchctl load /Library/LaunchDaemons/com.graphisoft.TeamworkApplicationServerMonitor-v18.0.plist
Marton Kiss
VP, Product Success
GRAPHISOFT
Eduardo Rolon
Marton,

Had to restart the server today since it crashed. The terminal procedure works but it is a pain to do. This needs to be rethought.
Eduardo Rolón AIA NCARB
AC27 US/INT -> AC08

another Moderator

Marton Kiss
Graphisoft
Graphisoft
ejrolon wrote:
Had to restart the server today since it crashed. The terminal procedure works but it is a pain to do. This needs to be rethought.
We absolutely agree and are working on a much easier way to start-restart-stop the server.
Marton Kiss
VP, Product Success
GRAPHISOFT
Learn and get certified!