BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Collaboration with other software
About model and data exchange with 3rd party solutions: Revit, Solibri, dRofus, Bluebeam, structural analysis solutions, and IFC, BCF and DXF/DWG-based exchange, etc.

Best product for young students

Anonymous
Not applicable
ok folks, I am putting this out here in hopes of a little guidance. I have a 13 year old daughter who is very interested in architecture and I want to encourage her interest. We have tried a number of the free programs but they are so very limited in what they allow. I know we can sign up for a free year of archiCAD but I am not sure we are quite ready for that. Are there any products you would recommend that she could use to design with. They do not have to be free though I am not willing to spend thousands just yet

thanks for the advice
3 REPLIES 3
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
Try SketchUp, it is very much liked by a lot of people. It is very easy and intuitive to use.
It has a free version, but even the Pro version is below 1000 USD in price.
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
Anonymous
Not applicable
My child have tried that particular SketchUp, so far it works good. I would say it is effective.
DGSketcher
Legend
Sketchup would be an ideal starting point, my son took to it like a duck to water.
Apple iMac Intel i9 / macOS Sonoma / AC27UKI (most recent builds.. if they work)
Learn and get certified!