BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Collaboration with other software
About model and data exchange with 3rd party solutions: Revit, Solibri, dRofus, Bluebeam, structural analysis solutions, and IFC, BCF and DXF/DWG-based exchange, etc.

Better integration FROM Archicad TO Sketchup

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi,
I am wondering about the integration of exporting, from Archicad to Sketchup, which keep the identity of objects or instance properties from Archicad to component in Sketchup. I have gone through several topic in the forum but it seems to me that there is no way to have component in sketchup from archicad exporting.
Is it something that you have been developing? I hope this function is really helpful for those want to make visualization in Sketchup.
Is it an idea to have a translator for Archicad that can export objects, windows, doors, elements, etc., to Sketchup and keep it instance properties?

Thanks
5 REPLIES 5
Hello,

Nice idea although strange because it is about two modelers sharing the will to model each one in their own way. So hoping for a translation from Archicad to sketchup seems like a utopia. Nevertheless it is tempting to test the export from Archicad in 3DS and other format FBX or C4D (by dedicated plugins) and then study the behavior when importing these formats into Sketchup

Also and in the same way if Archicad can import 3DS C4D and other fbx it will nevertheless be only by the translation of these into an uneditable GDL object. What is true in one sense is also true in the other
Christophe - FRANCE
Archicad Designer and Teacher
Archicad 15 to 27 FRA FULL

OS 11.6 Big Sur - MacBook Pro 2017 - 16Go RAM
"Quality is never an accident ; it's always the result of an intelligent effort" John Ruskin
Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi,
I have tried all the options that Archicad can export and Imported to SU but it is not working as I expected.
The issue is about Visualization. I am working with Enscape. Archicad seems to be always behind the development for 3rd party. Therefore, the integration with other engine is not good or even bad. Archicad's engine (C4D) is taking so long for options and testing idea.
I know that Archicad is working very well with Twinmotion but this software is far more expensive.
The reason that I want to use Sketchup for this is to have more freedom in making rendering while the model is always up to date with other teams who work on archicad.
I think Archicad should develop the integration with Sketchup better.
I am using Alienware Aurora R7. But I am really in trouble with Archicad. Maybe there are another ways. Maybe this is the way I have to go. Hopefully you guys can help me out.
Thanks
Anonymous
Not applicable
"I know that Archicad is working very well with Twinmotion but this software is far more expensive."

Twinmotion is free at the moment.
Anonymous
Not applicable
KrisM wrote:
"I know that Archicad is working very well with Twinmotion but this software is far more expensive."

Twinmotion is free at the moment.
REALLY, one year ago, it was really expensive. I will have a look.
Thanks
Lingwisyer
Guru
A copy of Twinmotion 2018 can be claimed for free until November this year. Twinmotion 2019 will be included with each licence of AC23.

Ling.

AC22-23 AUS 7000Help Those Help You - Add a Signature
Self-taught, bend it till it breaksCreating a Thread
Win11 | i9 10850K | 64GB | RX6600 Win10 | R5 2600 | 16GB | GTX1660
Learn and get certified!