BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Collaboration with other software
About model and data exchange with 3rd party solutions: Revit, Solibri, dRofus, Bluebeam, structural analysis solutions, and IFC, BCF and DXF/DWG-based exchange, etc.
SOLVED!

Bill of quiantities of objets in component schedules

godi
Enthusiast
Hello, as I have say in another topic, i'm trying to evolve from lists to schedules.

I have been for years making use of GDL and components in properties scripts to obtain bill of quantities from objects, windows and doors. All my objects have a properties script with all its parametric characteristics.

I have been trying to store the results of the components scripts in some common fields, as "gs_list_custom1", "gs_list_custom2", etc, to call it latter in the schedule, and simultaneously for all objects.
I can use those fields in the schedule, but they don't reflect any of the calculated values.

I have tried also to create new fields, common for all objects, to store the component results and call it, but I can't call these new created fields in the schedule.

No success at all, no matter what I do.

So the question is: is there really a way to get with schedules similar results to what I've been doing for years with the, unfortunately since years derelicted, system of properties scripts and lists?

Thanks
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solution
runxel
Legend
Make new parameters in your object (or reuse the FM parameters), do your calculations in the Master or Parameter script and update the values accordingly.
my_val_1 = !some calculation
parameters my_val_1 = my_val_1
Inside the interactive schedule you can then choose to list these parameters.
Lucas Becker | AC 27 on Mac | Author of Runxel's Archicad Wiki | Editor at SelfGDL | Developer of the GDL plugin for Sublime Text |
«Furthermore, I consider that Carth... yearly releases must be destroyed»

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Solution
runxel
Legend
Make new parameters in your object (or reuse the FM parameters), do your calculations in the Master or Parameter script and update the values accordingly.
my_val_1 = !some calculation
parameters my_val_1 = my_val_1
Inside the interactive schedule you can then choose to list these parameters.
Lucas Becker | AC 27 on Mac | Author of Runxel's Archicad Wiki | Editor at SelfGDL | Developer of the GDL plugin for Sublime Text |
«Furthermore, I consider that Carth... yearly releases must be destroyed»
godi
Enthusiast
I was entering just to answer myself.

I have found that solution and make that script changes in different objects. Using the same parameter names in all the objects I can obtain the different quiantities of all of them in the same schedule.

Is not so convenient as was Component in list, because all of the different materials and quantities of each object should be in the same line of the schedule, and not in different lines as was in lists, but is a compromise solution.

Thanks anyway
Learn and get certified!