BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Teamwork & BIMcloud
About Teamwork, BIMcloud, BIMcloud Basic, BIMcloud Software as a Service, network settings, etc.

BimServer 18 - Help is not helpful

bgoodale
Booster
I'm having some issues loading libraries to our BimServer 18 (this after our Bim Server randomly crashed, locked us out of our Bim Server Manager, and wiped out about a dozen projects, then spending days at a time on the phone with tech support, only to be told we just had to ditch all the teamwork files and reinstall Bim Server and start from scratch,thanks GS!).

When you go to the help for BIM Server 18, it is almost completely worthless. You'd think when they were planning on revamping Bim Server and changing the entire interface, the could have taken the time to actually right a help manual that has useful helpful information, but I guess thats too much to ask for.

Super frustrated right now...
AC 25
WINDOWS 10
AMD Ryzen 9 5950X 16-Core Processor 3.4 GHZ
128 GB RAM
64 Bit Operating System x64 based processor
AMD Radeon RX 6900 XT
4 REPLIES 4
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
OK. And what is the question you would like answered?
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
B_E_A_T_
Advocate
I think he means BIMserver 18 isn't that well documented yet - and I agree. Looking for a solution for my own problem I find lots of info about older versions and some promotional material about the new one...
(òÓ,)_\,,/

www.studiov2.be

Archicad 24/25/26
Rhino/Grasshopper
BIMcollab ZOOM

>>> Read my book!<<<
bgoodale
Booster
hi laszlo,

thanks for the help. i called graphisoft tech support and was able to solve my issue; it was mainly as result of remaining glitchy-ness from when our first bimserver 18 spontaneously combusted.

B.E.A.T., i was able to find some of the information regarding working with Bimserver libraries in the regular Archicad Help/guide under the libraries section.

However i am still of the opinion that GS should update/flesh-out the help guide for t BIMserver 18...
AC 25
WINDOWS 10
AMD Ryzen 9 5950X 16-Core Processor 3.4 GHZ
128 GB RAM
64 Bit Operating System x64 based processor
AMD Radeon RX 6900 XT
B_E_A_T_
Advocate
bgoodale wrote:
However i am still of the opinion that GS should update/flesh-out the help guide for t BIMserver 18...
It seems they are doing that as we speak - I find more info every day... 😉

Meanwhile, my 'own' problem (the grayed out "share"-button) is being investigated by GS. As always I'm confident that they will find the solution!
(òÓ,)_\,,/

www.studiov2.be

Archicad 24/25/26
Rhino/Grasshopper
BIMcollab ZOOM

>>> Read my book!<<<
Learn and get certified!