Teamwork & BIMcloud
About Teamwork, BIMcloud, BIMcloud Basic, BIMcloud Software as a Service, network settings, etc.

Bimcloud conflicts while editing library parts

Jan Vlach
Advocate
Ok I am running into this flustrating issue on our BIM Server.
We run Archicad 22 5009 CZE
and BIM Server 22.0.2408.411 (Can't update this because of server HW and SW setup)

We have five client workstations and for the specific project we need to make modified copies of library parts (those get embedded to this specific project and for that reason aren't Bim Cloud libraries like anything else) The problem is that when the user makes changes in this custom library (renames .gsm, changes picture of library part, etc.) they often have problem releasing those parts (If I try to return those objects reserved in library manager, the ArchiCAD does nothing). And if I try to send and release everything, I am in conflict with another user, having reserved, for example, sandwich constructions. That said user then cannot send their changes, because "somebody is sending changes to library". Other users cannot send their changes for the same reason. Any advice would be appreciated.
From Archicad 8.5 all the way to the present.
Passionate Autocad hater as well.
Wish to save palets and menus individualy in work enviroments:
https://bit.ly/3pg3Bx7
1 REPLY 1
Jan Vlach
Advocate
The solution seems to be to kick out the offending member (the one who has, in the above-mentioned example reserved the sandwitches) so changes to library parts can be sent by the user that edits them and subsequently, everyone else can send their changes as the issue of "somebody is sending changes to library" is solved.

Anyway, what I am truly interested in is why this happens in the first place, especially why the button to send changes only from the library manager (or individual library parts via contec menu in lib manager) seems to not work?
From Archicad 8.5 all the way to the present.
Passionate Autocad hater as well.
Wish to save palets and menus individualy in work enviroments:
https://bit.ly/3pg3Bx7