Collaboration with other software
About model and data exchange with 3rd party solutions: Revit, Solibri, dRofus, Bluebeam, structural analysis solutions, and IFC, BCF and DXF/DWG-based exchange, etc.

Bluebeam & AC22

Anonymous
Not applicable
I am having problems when i try to edit a pdf in Bluebeam that has been published with AC22.
I get an error sign, then BB closes.
Is anyone else having this issue?
1 REPLY 1
Daniel Kovacs
Graphisoft Alumni
Graphisoft Alumni
Hi,

We have been receiving a few reports of such issues, this might be one of them. We suspect that even though ARCHICAD 22 generates PDFs that can cause BlueBeam to crash, it is actually a BlueBeam issue (so the PDF is generated from ARCHICAD 22 in a proper format, but BlueBeam crashes because of it). Please check the following to find out:
- What error message do you get exactly? Does it also crash? (Please attach a picture of the error)
- When you export the PDF (before even opening it in BlueBeam), can you open it in Adobe Reader without an error?
- Do you get the error when first opening the PDF, or when you try to save/edit it in BlueBeam?
- Please turn off the "Merge to one PDF File" option in the Publisher set options, and see if it still crashes that way!

If the PDF opens properly in other Applications at first, and/or it starts showing errors when saving/editing it in BlueBeam, and "non-merged" PDFs work fine as well, then it is probably the same issue. In this case you should definitely contact the support team of BlueBeam, and report the issue to them!
If that's not the case, let me know, and we will see what we can do.

Regards,
Daniel Alexander Kovacs

Professional Services Consultant

GRAPHISOFT

For Troubleshooting and useful Tips & Tricks visit