Collaboration with other software
About model and data exchange with 3rd party solutions: Revit, Solibri, dRofus, Bluebeam, structural analysis solutions, and IFC, BCF and DXF/DWG-based exchange, etc.

Bug in Archicad 22 - fbx export

Karl Wir_n
Enthusiast
Exporting to fbx-file format is not working properly in AC22. If I do some solid element operations on a plank-object and export it to fbx strange things happen. Geometry is corrupted and the texture coordinates are lost. See attached picture. Backsaving to AC21 solves the problem.
For us, a working fbx-export is very important. I hope someone from Graphisoft can repair it.
/Karl W
3 REPLIES 3
Karl Wir_n
Enthusiast
I investigated this further today. This is an attemt to describe the problem and a "solution" to it.
In AC22 I created a new gdl object and typed BRICK A,B,ZZYZX in the 3d script. Then I placed a few of them and used slabs to subtract shapes. Next step was to save it as FBX and open the file in a FBX-viewer. The result was a damaged version of the geometry.

Now the weird solution:
If you add a dummy array parameter (of any type) to the parameter list, the export works fine. This took a while to find out…
Belinda Ercan
Graphisoft Alumni
Graphisoft Alumni
Hi Karl,

that's awesome! Could you attach a screenshot of the array parameter you added?
Karl Wir_n
Enthusiast
Here's a screenshot!