BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Collaboration with other software
About model and data exchange with 3rd party solutions: Revit, Solibri, dRofus, Bluebeam, structural analysis solutions, and IFC, BCF and DXF/DWG-based exchange, etc.

Bug in zone tool: wall surface

Erwin Edel
Rockstar
I'm trying to determine the wall surface of a zone with a limited height for the ceiling, because obviously you won't be applying a surface finish to the parts above the ceiling. So I set the height of the zone accordingly. The volumes changes perfectly, I update the zone but the wall surface stays the same.

Some of my walls span several stories in my model. Zones next to these walls return the surface value of the entire wall element over the height of all those stories. It does take in account it's own circumference: horizontal dimension of walls have the proper effect, but vertical it's just wrong.

Is anyone else experiencing the same results?

Right now all my quantity take offs for wall surfaces are entirely unreliable.
Erwin Edel, Project Lead, Leloup Architecten
www.leloup.nl

ArchiCAD 9-26NED FULL
Windows 10 Pro
Adobe Design Premium CS5
4 REPLIES 4
Erwin Edel
Rockstar
Wall over multiple stories:
www.leloup.nl

ArchiCAD 9-26NED FULL
Windows 10 Pro
Adobe Design Premium CS5
Erwin Edel
Rockstar
Wall on one story:
zonebug2.jpg
www.leloup.nl

ArchiCAD 9-26NED FULL
Windows 10 Pro
Adobe Design Premium CS5
Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi Erwin,

That problem has been spotted before. There may be a few workarounds mentioned on this thread -

http://archicad-talk.graphisoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=26982

Hope that helps.
Erwin Edel
Rockstar
Peter,

Thank you for pointing me in that direction. A forum search would've been smart I see, my bad!

I'll try the suggested use of Boundary Surface in schedules, it seems the most helpful fix for my deadline of upcoming monday.

I'm not one to ussually moan about ArchiCAD, but how this bug survived over 2 updates is a bit mindboggling.
www.leloup.nl

ArchiCAD 9-26NED FULL
Windows 10 Pro
Adobe Design Premium CS5
Learn and get certified!