Collaboration with other software
About model and data exchange with 3rd party solutions: Revit, Solibri, dRofus, Bluebeam, structural analysis solutions, and IFC, BCF and DXF/DWG-based exchange, etc.

Building Expressions in Property Manager - Cut and paste loses 'autotext' properties

MMontgomery
Enthusiast
I'm working on some complex expressions to run code calculations for occupancy data and find that when I copy the expression from one property and paste it into a new property, it's linked value is lost and it just becomes a simple text.

For instance, using 'Measured Area' from a zone when chosen through the 'Parameters & Properties..." menu will add 'Measured Area' in the expression with the grey highlight similar to autotext that pulls the data from the property of the zone using the expression. However, when I copy this and paste into a new property, it comes in as plain text and I have to highlight it and choose the property from the dialogue box again.

With an expression that has several dozen properties that will need to be re-used in other expressions, it's very tedious to re-do all of these each time.
AC 6-27 - Intel i9-9900K - RTX3090 - Windows 11 - 64GB RAM
5 REPLIES 5
MMontgomery
Enthusiast
I ended up editing the XML files instead of cutting and pasting in the expression window. Worked great.
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
Interesting, this works just fine for me.
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
Podolsky
Ace
For me it works too on AC23 and 24.
Can you test it in another file? Maybe this bug is somehow file-related and not always appears?
MMontgomery
Enthusiast
It does appear it was the specific instance of ArchiCAD that was bugged. Closing and re-opening the project fixed this behavior.
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
Good to hear.
Let us all praise the almighty "restart-reopen" cure-all solution of the software world.
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27