Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Manager!

Collaboration with other software
About model and data exchange with 3rd party solutions: Revit, Solibri, dRofus, Bluebeam, structural analysis solutions, and IFC, BCF and DXF/DWG-based exchange, etc.

Building Materials and properties

gdford
Advisor

The Building Material manager gives one access to assigning Classifications and properties and property values to a building material. This very bim. Then in the model you can assign the building material to modeled elements and then when you run a schedule for those elements the schedule can display the values from the building material properties. However when in the model I can not discover any of these property values when i select one of the elements.

Is it only possible to drill down to this with a schedule???
It seems like a great IDEA to have a single place of truth to describe something such as a building material, but to have no way to drill down to the information with an associative label seems like we are missing the big picture here.
Surly I am missing something with this???

Note the attached Image.

Thanks

Building Mat and Properties.jpg
Gary Ford
Self Employed - Modeling, Estimating, Construction
Archicad 12-26
AMD Ryzen 9 5900X 12-Core Processor
3701 Mhz, 12 Core(s), 24 Logical Processor(s)
(RAM) 128 GB
NVIDIA RTX A2000
7 REPLIES 7
Barry Kelly

You might not have any joy with an out of the box label, but can you access those properties with the autotext label?

Barry.

One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
David Lukacs
Booster

Hi Gary,

You can access those information with the skin list label.

David

If the property information is added in the building material manager - you can not access this information using autotext from an element.... If you know how to do this please let me know.

Gary Ford
Archicad 12-26
(RAM) 128 GB
NVIDIA RTX A2000

You are right about the custom properties. With the skin list tag you can only  reach the basic ones, ID, manufacturer and description. If you need more, you should go up to element level.

Barry Kelly

Seems the autotext label can see the properties but can't drill into the element to get the values.

The Skin List label however can as David suggested.

BarryKelly_0-1664758477784.png

Barry.

One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
kmitotk
Advocate

You do have access to the building material properties either with the Component Classification and Properties Label or with the Skin List Label. Problem is that they both always list the properties of all the skins in the element, you cannot pick and choose individual skin to display just the single skin property information.

Kei Mito

Architect | Graphisoft Certified BIM Manager
ArchiCAD 26 & 27 JPN USA & INT | Windows 10

yep - that is the pain there --- all of this needs a rework so any building material information for any skin or complex profile element can be drilled down to with autotext and displayed in a label .... either this is BIM or its not.

Gary Ford
Archicad 12-26
(RAM) 128 GB
NVIDIA RTX A2000