BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Collaboration with other software
About model and data exchange with 3rd party solutions: Revit, Solibri, dRofus, Bluebeam, structural analysis solutions, and IFC, BCF and DXF/DWG-based exchange, etc.

Buying a new Laptop to use ArchiCAD 19 on

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi all,

I'm looking into what laptop to buy to use out of the office for ArchiCAD 19. At the moment my PC uses windows but I see that whenever you look up info for ArchiCAD that most of the time people are using Mac. I've never used a Mac and wonder if I would find it confusing to go from a Windows PC to a Mac laptop. I want something that I can travel with, that is light but powerful enough for ArchCAD. Any suggestions please?

thanks.
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable
I am really happy with my MacBook Pro and do not find it confusing going from my HP workstation in the office to the MacBook when on the road or at home.
Performance wise the MacBook Pro feels equivalent to the desktop workstation for everything except large renders (10k renders for site banners) where thermal constraints of a laptop kick in.
Scott
Anonymous
Not applicable
HI Scott,

Thanks for your response.

Have you been a long time user of a Mac? Did you know ArchiCAD on a windows operating system before you got the Mac? Is there anything specific that I would need to look at when deciding? Sorry I don't know too much about Mac, I had sworn off Apple products but hey, if it can do the job more efficiently, then I'll cave in.

thanks again.
Learn and get certified!