BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Collaboration with other software
About model and data exchange with 3rd party solutions: Revit, Solibri, dRofus, Bluebeam, structural analysis solutions, and IFC, BCF and DXF/DWG-based exchange, etc.

C4D Exchange - Polygon degeneration

Anonymous
Not applicable
Does anyone understand why I can no longer exchange files between ArchiCAD v8.1 and Cinema 4D v8.5? It seems all polygons are degenerating and adopting obscure angles. I've attached some examples. Varying the model in ArchiCAD doesn't seem to alter the end result. Exporting less information (i.e. smaller percentage of the model) changes nothing. Objects with more polygons, cars for example, just become blockier with some polygons adopting strange angles. Any help is appreciated. Thanks in advance, dukaos
________
Volcano vaporizers
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable
It looks as though with the help of my local ArchiCAD rep (out of Twin Falls, ID) we've solved the problem. We tried opening a new ArchiCAD file with the default setting (new and reset) and merged in my file. This seemed to do the trick. We're not exactly sure why, but you gotta love something that works. If anyone can add closure to this issue by explaining why that worked, I might be able to avoid the same thing happening again. Thanks for the looks.
________
Synthetic Weed
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
dukaos wrote:
It looks as though with the help of my local ArchiCAD rep (out of Twin Falls, ID) we've solved the problem. We tried opening a new ArchiCAD file with the default setting (new and reset) and merged in my file. This seemed to do the trick. We're not exactly sure why, but you gotta love something that works. If anyone can add closure to this issue by explaining why that worked, I might be able to avoid the same thing happening again. Thanks for the looks.
I think when you paste or merge things into an ArchiCAD file, the program will look for any database inconsistencies in the incoming data and try to fix it. Maybe this is what happened and fixed it for you. Handy technique, by the way - used it myself several times in the past with success.
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
Learn and get certified!