BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Collaboration with other software
About model and data exchange with 3rd party solutions: Revit, Solibri, dRofus, Bluebeam, structural analysis solutions, and IFC, BCF and DXF/DWG-based exchange, etc.

CAD Image Window Schedules

Anonymous
Not applicable
Have a question.
2 Questions.

1. Do CAD Image doors NOT show up in normal archicad window and door schedules?

2. I am trying to get my margins to work on this cad image schedule, to fit on my title block and it just will not cooperate. i tried pulling them in graphically, and setting them in the scheme settings, and setting them in the object selection settings of the schedule, and the most satisfaction I can get is to make the margins be way way too big, but then it's still not nice at all.

What do you guys think?

I am attaching a screen shot.
7 REPLIES 7
Stress Co_
Advisor
Jesikuh123 wrote:
1. Do CAD Image doors NOT show up in normal archicad window and door schedules?

They show, but there is the issue with "Leaf size" vs. "Unit size".
Jesikuh123 wrote:
2. i tried pulling them in graphically, and setting them in the scheme settings, and setting them in the object selection settings of the schedule, and the most satisfaction I can get is to make the margins be way way too big, but then it's still not nice at all.
Make sure the scale of the schedule is correct in the View map.
Does it match the scale in: Schedule Settings> Layout?
The margins of the schedule should match the layout exactly.
Then adjust the "Distance from Margin".
Marc Corney, Architect
Red Canoe Architecture, P. A.

Mac OS 10.15.7 (Catalina) //// Mac OS 14.2.1 (Sonoma)
Processor: 3.6 GHz 8-Core Intel Core i9 //// Apple M2 Max
Memory: 48 GB 2667 MHz DDR4 //// 32 GB
Graphics: Radeon Pro 580X 8GB //// 12C CPU, 30C GPU
ArchiCAD 25 (5010 USA Full) //// ArchiCAD 27 (4030 USA Full)
Stress Co_
Advisor
Margin of schedule should match margins of layout's master.
Marc Corney, Architect

Anonymous
Not applicable
I do have the scales set the same, all to ¼".

In my screen shot you see how the windows are hanging off the edge to the right of the shaded green area?

in the schedule the entire shaded green perimeter is my 11x17 sheet - yes?
then, with in that, I don't know what the black line is that has the criss crossed corners. I Don't seem to be setting that or changing that any where and it just happens to be lining up with a margin line on my master title block.(I guess you change that in object selection settings- Outter Margin distance, but changing that doesn't seem to make a difference either) (OH, And I see that that is what you were talking about, "Having the margins align" and, yes they do, OK)

Then it seems that the schedule margins are where the green shaded area stops on the inside. But the windows still seem to go beyond that. And the cad image tutorials say that you can manually stretch them in to where you want them, so you can use your title block as a trace reference, and visually put them where you want them, but then the windows still don't adjust to those margins and stay with in them, and in the schedule settings, where you can enter the numbers that you want the margins to be, they don't change to reflect the changes you have made to the margins by stretching them in either.

Is this all true?
When I select the Schedule I can go to Object Selection Settings - is there anything special I should be paying attention to in there?

Secondly - can I not select a window in the schedule and change it and it will update in the model? You can with Archicad windows and schedules right?

Thirdly - When I check the box to show sash dimensions it does not show my vertical sashes only horizontal ones? How come?

Sorry for so many questions, I have been through the cad image stuff and I can't figure it out on my own, my trial is about to run out and I don't want to buy it unless I know how to use it and that it is going to work for us.

I like the flexibility of the windows for sure, and I like that you can do the schedule with out the casings. This is why I want to buy it, but i need to figure this out too.

I'm confused, again, and can't seem to make this thing work.

Here is another screen shot I have made changes, and my windows are still hanging off all over the place,
I have been messing with the "Gap Between Items" but that doesn't really seem to be producing desirable results either. (This is a Gap of 75)
Anonymous
Not applicable
Here is another with a Gap Between Objects of 90
Screen Shot 2014-03-14 at 9.20.55 AM.png
Anonymous
Not applicable
And I did notice that you can move the windows but if you update the schedule the windows move back to where they were.

SO . . .

I would love any more feed back! Thank You so much!
Stress Co_
Advisor
I don't have a lot of experience with the cadimage graphic schedule, so bear with me. I'm not sure if my advice is 100% correct.

When your in "Exterior Window/Door Schedule/Independent", the "green box" is an object to assist in laying out your margins
(It doesn't really change the margins). Move the "sliders" to where you want the limits of the schedule on your layout sheet.
Take note of the distances, i.e. "Inner Margin = 100.00"

Open the schedule settings and change the "Distance from Margins" to match
the distances you noted in the prior step.

Go to the layout sheet where you've placed the "schedule view".
Check to see that the View is positioned correctly on the layout sheet
(like my prior screen shot). Does that help?

BTW, Changing windows in the schedule doesn't change them in the model. AFAIK.
Marc Corney, Architect

Anonymous
Not applicable
Thank You Marc.
I am still working on this, and I have forwarded this three to someone at CAD Image support as well.
Learn and get certified!