Collaboration with other software
About model and data exchange with 3rd party solutions: Revit, Solibri, dRofus, Bluebeam, structural analysis solutions, and IFC, BCF and DXF/DWG-based exchange, etc.

CADIMAGE NEW AC23 QUANTITIES TOOL

Nuge
Advocate
I have just downloaded the trial of this "new" tool and cannot find any documentation of how it is meant to be used, in particular how to actually get the measure of an actual archicad item. Has anyone else had a play around with this yet?
AC27 i9 11900K / 128G ram / GTX 3090 / D5 Render
3 REPLIES 3
Brett Brown
Advocate
I did the same thing and as you said completely no instructions at all. Emailed support and the answer, as usual, was the documentation is coming. Like it is for the rest of there tools.

It's not as if they haven't had any time to get at least the documentation done while we waited for the 4-month delay in getting 23.

You got to wonder who the hell is running that Company. Yet again very disappointing.
Imac, Big Sur AC 20 NZ, AC 25 Solo UKI,
henrypootel
Graphisoft Partner
Graphisoft Partner
I have just downloaded the trial of this "new" tool and cannot find any documentation of how it is meant to be used, in particular how to actually get the measure of an actual archicad item. Has anyone else had a play around with this yet?
Hi Nuge

We've finished writing the documentation for it and are just working on getting it published to the site now - it'll be done over the next couple of days. If you want to have a read through of it earlier than that though, let me know your email address in a PM, and I can send you a PDF copy of it while we get the online version ready.

To answer your question though - I'm not sure what specifically you're trying to measure, but say for example, you wanted to measure the length of a wall - first, you'd need to have a Bill Item to measure that, and set the rate to something like 1 unit = 1 Metre. Then, add that Bill Item to a recipe which targets walls (I'd use a condition like element.type = "Wall"), and set a Quantity Calculation for the wall length using an expression like 'wall.length' (or element.length if you want to include all elements, rather than just walls)

Then just run a Calculate in the Bill of Quantities palette, and you'll get the length of your wall (or of all walls in the project). The screenshot below shows the setup for doing that.

Obviously, thats a basic example, but should kinda give you an idea of how to get what you actually want out of it.
Josh Osborne - Central Innovation

HP Zbook Studio G4 - Windows 10 Pro, Intel i7 7820HQ, 32Gb RAM, Quadro M1200
KeesW
Advocate
Instructions a few days ago? That was 31 days ago. Where are they?
Cornelis (Kees) Wegman

cornelis wegman architects
AC 5 - 26 Dell XPS 8940 Win 10 16GB 1TB SSD 2TB HD RTX 3070 GPU
Laptop: AC 24 - 26 Win 10 16GB 1TB SSD RTX 3070 GPU