BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Collaboration with other software
About model and data exchange with 3rd party solutions: Revit, Solibri, dRofus, Bluebeam, structural analysis solutions, and IFC, BCF and DXF/DWG-based exchange, etc.

CADimage window sash outside wall line

Anonymous
Not applicable
I have created a custom sash and applied it to a cad image window. The window is a stripped down frame and sash in a 1.75" thick wall. In both floor plan and 3d views the sash sits off-set to directly outside the wall.
The only solution I have come up with to get it inside the wall is to make the wall 3.5" thick. Obviously this does not solve my problem.
I have tried adjusting the location of the slabs when I created them (relative to home story), adjusting the frame, trim and offset settings in the cad image dialog box, the orientation of the window, the reference line location and offset of the wall...
Any other ideas on the setting in the window part to get this to show up where I need it?
Thanks for any help or suggestions you can give.
-Pat
1 REPLY 1
Anonymous
Not applicable
There is a setting for the relationship between Inner (sash) frame and outer (main) frame. In my image attached, in the Inner Frame settings it is the "-5.0" dimension (above the tooltip word "back"), which for me has the sash 5mm proud of the main frame. A positive dimension would set it in from the face of the main frame. Try adjusting this dimension setting and see if that helps.
Learn and get certified!