BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Collaboration with other software
About model and data exchange with 3rd party solutions: Revit, Solibri, dRofus, Bluebeam, structural analysis solutions, and IFC, BCF and DXF/DWG-based exchange, etc.

COBie Export

Anonymous
Not applicable
Can ArchiCAD export a file for use with COBie?
4 REPLIES 4
Barry Kelly
Bretly wrote:
Can ArchiCAD export a file for use with COBie?
What file formats can COBie open?
Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
Anonymous
Not applicable
COBie is essentially an Excel format primarily used for facility management. I know we can export Excel files, but COBie format would need custom format (I think).
Erika Epstein
Booster
You can export an IFC file or excel (save as spreadsheet from an open schedule.
See this link.

"Since different parties, using different kinds of software, all need to interact with COBie information, COBie information chan be displayed in a several different formats. All of these formats provide a completely interoperable view of the underlying information specified by COBie. For designers, COBie can be created using a "Save As..." and selecting the IFC file format. Builders may want to use specialized commercial software to update the COBie data with manufacture's information, or directly enter information in a spreadsheet display of COBie data. Facility operators can import COBie data, formatted in either IFC or spreadsheet, directly into asset and maintenance data."
Erika
Architect, Consultant
MacBook Pro Retina, 15-inch Yosemite 2.8 GHz Intel Core i7 16 GB 1600 MHz DDR3
Mac OSX 10.11.1
AC5-18
Onuma System

"Implementing Successful Building Information Modeling"
Anonymous
Not applicable
How can I create a COBie2 spreadsheet with an IFC or IFCXML file I have in hand? I have all the pieces (IFC and COBie2 transform XMLs) but where do I go to take this IFC model to produce this COBie2 spreadsheet?

All the data I'm reading sounds like its directed towards someone who knows what he is doing with computer programming but unfortunately I do not have a computer science degree

I at least have an understanding of the concept and purpose of the COBie2 spreadsheet. I just need to produce one from the IFC or IFCXML file I have.
Learn and get certified!