Collaboration with other software
About model and data exchange with 3rd party solutions: Revit, Solibri, dRofus, Bluebeam, structural analysis solutions, and IFC, BCF and DXF/DWG-based exchange, etc.

CONVERTING A19 TO AUTOCAD 2016

Anonymous
Not applicable
I need to send drawings to a consultant who uses autocad 2016.
I notice that a19 only has up to autocad 2013 in the file. Will they notice the difference. I sent documents once and they complained that they could not read them. I have to get this resolved before monday! Will AC20 include AutoCAD 2016?
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable
I have found several responses to this same question (apparently there is no problem. I will be sending these drawings again today.
Comments:
Phoenix, AZ: July 13, 2015
Open Design Alliance (ODA) today announced the release of version 4.1 of Teigha, its software development platform for engineering applications.
Teigha 4.1 introduces support for graphics cache files that optimize regeneration speed for complex drawings. Using this new technology, a Teigha-based application can reduce initial render time by up to 80% when opening a cache-enabled drawing. Also included are performance improvements for Teigha Cloud, ODA’s framework for building custom web-based solutions.
“The focus of ODA development is continual improvement, directed by the needs of our members,” commented Neil Peterson, ODA President. “Towards that end version 4.1 also provides support for new features in version 2016 .dwg files, improvements to PDF export and enhanced support for mobile platforms.”
In addition, Teigha version 4.1 contains fixes for issues reported by ODA members. It is available for download by ODA members at www.opendesign.com
Posted: Tue Nov 17, 2015 10:10 pm Post subject: Re: saving archicad 19 to 2014 dwg?

Laszlo Nagy, Moderator, Site Admin
https://twitter.com/laszlonagy

As a workaround I have AutoDESK Trueview installed (free DWG viewer). This can save back DWG to older version.

It's also Posted: Tue Nov 17, 2015 10:10 pm Post subject: Re: saving archicad 19 to 2014 dwg? Reply with quote
I was just at Graphisoft today and accidentally this topic came up.
As I was informed, Autodesk did NOT change the file format in AutoCAD 2016. In the last decade or so they always changed the file format in every third version but not this time.
Posted: Tue Nov 17, 2015 10:10 pm Post subject: Re: saving archicad 19 to 2014 dwg? Reply with quote
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
Yes, there shouldn't be any problem for you with either sending or receiving files from/to AutoCAD 2017. Autodesk has not change the format of DWG since AutoCAD 2013:

https://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/autocad/troubleshooting/caas/sfdcarticles/sfdcarticles/AutoCA...
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27