Project data & BIM
About BIM-based management of attributes, schedules, templates, favorites, hotlinks, projects in general, quality assurance, etc.

Cad Management features

Anonymous
Not applicable
I have posted these as wishes but thought i would list them here to spur on some debate and hopefully get GS to look at implementing a range of cad management options into the next version.

My wishes were:
Cad Manager specific options
- Lock a layer permanently, i.e. we used layers to identify different groups of layers, such as site, hotlinks, existing, etc. Alternatively provide a means to add a heading to groups of layers.
- Lock the way ID is used for details, sections, elevations, ect. At the moment there are to many choices for drafters to make and is a management nightmare.
- Checkbox to pop-up project notes dialogue box, good for leaving notes to other operators
- Favourites available in infobox toolbar, forces operator to use favourites rather than set it up themselves. Also convenient
- Lock certain pens in the pen table.
- Turn Off some of the project info fields, we don’t use some of them but I understand the need of them remaining standard.
- Have a means to setup a project where all the open, save, save as, ect default to the same project folder. Currently each time operators switch between jobs and do one of the previous they have to keep changing back to the project folder. Microsofts favourites is not a good idea as it takes so long to read.
- Default Header and Footer Options. This is a good quality control printing record that should be standardized.
- Set one of the translators to default.
- Enable default translator to be turned off. Stops operators using it, which I never want people to do, we have our own translators.
4 REPLIES 4
Barry Kelly
Mark wrote:
My wishes were:
- Favourites available in infobox toolbar, forces operator to use favourites rather than set it up themselves. Also convenient
Although there is no Favourites button in the info box (which would be nice) you can turn on the Favourites palette and that will only show the favourites for the current tool you have selected (or all favourites if marquee or arrow tool is active).

So you really don't need it in the info box now with V10.

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
Anonymous
Not applicable
Barry wrote:

So you really don't need it in the info box now with V10.

Barry.
Yes, but if you can afford the screen space. Not so good for single screen users.
Barry Kelly
Mark wrote:
Yes, but if you can afford the screen space. Not so good for single screen users.
Agreed.
I tuck mine under the Navigator palette as I seem to have that on most of the time now in V10.
I have only a single 19" monitor so make this as narrow as possible.
If I get desperate for space a quick click on each palette "X" shuts them off.
I also use the tollbar without names to get a little extra space.
Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
Laura Yanoviak
Advocate
I have our Favorites palette mapped to the F12 key to toggle on and off -- just hit F12, and BAM! more screen space -- hit F12 again for it to reappear -- pretty handy -- LJY.
MacBook Pro Apple M2 Max, 96 GB of RAM
AC26 US (5002) on Mac OS Ventura 13.5