BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Project data & BIM
About BIM-based management of attributes, schedules, templates, favorites, hotlinks, projects in general, quality assurance, etc.
SOLVED!

Cad Managers?

Anonymous
Not applicable
I am currently faced with the issue of determining what a basic user should know about ArchiCAD, and would like to divide the staff into categories that will allow basic, standard and high end users so that each project has a competent cad person in a team.
Therafter the idea is to break the trainining issues into one hour segments so that the company continues to run, while progress happens.

Any Ideas or suggestions?
11 REPLIES 11
Andy Thomson
Advisor
I think if we looked at your best set of CDs, and ours, we'd find a lot of similarities. Our partners are likewise extremely particular.
Everything must be just so, and that is not always possible with out of the box parts, etc.

We should compare notes sometime, on topics such as window and other schedules, details workflow, optimized DWG translator settings (when to publish from LBKs and when from ArchiCad), etc. You know, the whole list of stuff that nobody really knows how to do, or at least not quickly and easily.

Even ID management is something even a newbie should know, so there is no need to sort and filter parts later to run a schedule, etc, etc. I don't know how many times I've had to turn 'enable multi-platform format' on and 'auto ID increase' off....
Andy Thomson, M.Arch, OAA, MRAIC
Director
Thomson Architecture, Inc.
Instructor/Lecturer, Toronto Metropolitan University Faculty of Engineering & Architectural Science
AC26/iMacPro/MPB Silicon M2Pro
Andy Thomson
Advisor
Right. A 'How To' guide for creating this fairly specific office template you mention, from attributes to a bit of custom GDL. It is a fairly specific thing in almost every firm I have worked in, and in my experience, it has been painfully slow to develop in most cases, and often remains incomplete.

Sounds like a topic for an upcoming ArchiCad University?
Andy Thomson, M.Arch, OAA, MRAIC
Director
Thomson Architecture, Inc.
Instructor/Lecturer, Toronto Metropolitan University Faculty of Engineering & Architectural Science
AC26/iMacPro/MPB Silicon M2Pro
Learn and get certified!