BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Collaboration with other software
About model and data exchange with 3rd party solutions: Revit, Solibri, dRofus, Bluebeam, structural analysis solutions, and IFC, BCF and DXF/DWG-based exchange, etc.

Cadimage Roof Accessories (Downpipes)

Anonymous
Not applicable
My 1st post 2014, wishing you all a happy new year

Now my question is about Roof Accessories (Downpipes), when i drag a downpipe (DP) from the node an place it here I want, it shows as a half circle....i think its because of the line type i amusing (Symbol line, is set on Long Dashed) but if i change that then the line to show where my soffit ends will change to a solid line if i change the 'Symbol line' to a solid line, is there a way to make it that just the DP shows as a solid line...without having to create a circle an placing it on top of the DP location, as if i change of more the DP i make to make sure i move the circle too...

also a follow on question, how i get the DP to look the same (see image)

http://pokit.org/get/?1ece3affb72907915439d4a686e44fee.jpg

the long one is a lower roof but for some reason is displaying as such....why an how can i change that?
5 REPLIES 5
Karl Ottenstein
The ArchiCAD Roof Accessory does not create downspouts... are you perhaps talking about a Cadimage or other product?
One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.6, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
Anonymous
Not applicable
Sorry my mistake...Ya its the roof builder from CADimage I'm talking about
Anonymous
Not applicable
It will be the Cadimage coverings tool (accessory back in AC12 ? ). I can't remember what the settings were in AC12 but you should be able to set the linetype for whole object to solid line (so your DP will be solid), and change the soffit lines to a dashed line type within its own display settings.

As for part 2, when the object is selected there should be a hotspot to drag the length of the DP offset to whatever dimension you require.
Karl Ottenstein
Maysum wrote:
Sorry my mistake...Ya its the roof builder from CADimage I'm talking about
Added "Cadimage" to the thread subject, and moved this to the "Other Products" forum.

Hope that s2art's tips help... but I would note that Cadimage's technical support is very responsive. You might contact them on cadimageworld.com
One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.6, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
Anonymous
Not applicable
Here is a snapshot from AC11 with the linetype options in the Appearance section of the Roof Builder settings. AC12 should be similar.
Screen shot 2014-01-15 at 11.57.35 AM.png
Learn and get certified!