Collaboration with other software
About model and data exchange with 3rd party solutions: Revit, Solibri, dRofus, Bluebeam, structural analysis solutions, and IFC, BCF and DXF/DWG-based exchange, etc.

Cadimage door & window UV mapping

Anonymous
Not applicable
Cadimage forum is down so i thought to ask here.

is there any way to change the way that windows and doors are UV mapped? for example if the frame material is wood then the wood texture goes in the same direction regardless of whether that frame piece is vertical or horizontal and this will either look poor when rendered or i have to map it manually in other apps which takes time.

the mapping on the standard AC window parts is for the most part pretty good so hopefully there is a way to do this.
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable
never mind, i received a reply direct from CadImage
Anonymous
Not applicable
And what did they say?
Anonymous
Not applicable
s2art wrote:
And what did they say?

not good news unfortunately. they said that it pretty much involves rescripting "the entire 3D from scratch" and that it would "create a window with a lot more polygons" so definitely not for now. it may be done in a future release though.

TBH it wouldn't bother me that the poly count would go up. i import everything into modo and from there to rendering software and both can easily handle millions of polys so with modern hardware i don't think poly count is an issue.

p.s. i should point out that i was going to include CadImage's response in my reply (as i always would) but i didn't do so this time for very childish reasons. i'll leave it there...