Collaboration with other software
About model and data exchange with 3rd party solutions: Revit, Solibri, dRofus, Bluebeam, structural analysis solutions, and IFC, BCF and DXF/DWG-based exchange, etc.

Cadimage roof coverings

Anonymous
Not applicable
In AC19 there was a setting for the custom edges where a barge could be changed to an apron as an example. (see capture4)

In AC20 this seems to have disapeared. Or is it somewhere else? (see capture3)

Capture3.JPG
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable
Capture4
Capture4.JPG
Ralph Wessel
Mentor
Rogerdodge wrote:
In AC19 there was a setting for the custom edges where a barge could be changed to an apron as an example. (see capture4)

In AC20 this seems to have disapeared. Or is it somewhere else? (see capture3)
You can now edit roof edges by clicking the menu Cadimage > Coverings > Roof Edges… (see attached image). This displays the Edit Roof Edges dialog. You can edit multiple roof coverings this way, simplifying the job of detailing large or connected roofs. The illustration has much simpler panning and zooming (more like working in the rest of ARCHICAD), multiple edge selection with shift-clicking and a magic want for picking up all edges of the same type (e.g. all eaves) or all edges bounding a clicked area.
RoofEdge.jpg
Ralph Wessel BArch
Anonymous
Not applicable
Great thanks Ralph.
Gerald Hoffman
Booster
Ralph, thanks from me as well. I looked everywhere I could think last night and thought it was a miss in the new interface. This one seems misplaced to me, it was OK where it was IMO but as long as I can find it we're good.

I use it all the time as the Roof Coverings tool doesn't intuit West Coast contemporary roofs very well and edges often need adjustments.

Cheers,
Gerald
"The simplification of anything is always sensational" GKC
AC 25-4013 USA, CadImage Tools
2019 MacBook Pro 16" w/ AMD Radeon Pro 5600M GPU
OS X 11.6
2.4 Ghz 8 core i9, 64 GB RAM
27" LG 5K Monitor
Ralph Wessel
Mentor
Gerald wrote:
Ralph, thanks from me as well. I looked everywhere I could think last night and thought it was a miss in the new interface. This one seems misplaced to me, it was OK where it was IMO but as long as I can find it we're good.
The new tool is more capable, and the old one was causing problems. The old mechanism required editing each individual roof covering separately to be confident of the outcome, where the new can reliably edit an entire roof in one step (no matter how many coverings are on it). For example, changing all the gutters in the image above can be done in one step with the new tool, where the old one would require 4 trips into the settings dialog (and a lot more selection, navigation and mouse clicks).

We can also manage the UI much better outside the GDL settings dialog. A selectable image of the roof in the GDL settings was causing compatibility problems with the changes to GDL for parallel processing and TW, and we were concerned it might break in the near future
Ralph Wessel BArch