Collaboration with other software
About model and data exchange with 3rd party solutions: Revit, Solibri, dRofus, Bluebeam, structural analysis solutions, and IFC, BCF and DXF/DWG-based exchange, etc.

Cadimage windows and doors Archicad 24 not working

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi,
I'm finding cadimage windows and doors isn't working properly with Archicad 24 CI 6.27.
The window tool won't let me add and new window. Is there an update? or some other way to fix this?
12 REPLIES 12
Karl Ottenstein
You should get in touch with them. They have their own support channel.

https://centralinnovation.com/archicad/extensions/ci-tools-doors-windows/
One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.6, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks Karl,
Already in contact with them, just wondering if anyone else is having the issue?
I have found that the cadimage windows do not work with our favourites from archicad 22. They come in a lcf container and cannot be edited. I hope theres a fix for this or some other way make the old favourites work as we a lot of them.
Barry Kelly
Javadevil wrote:
I have found that the cadimage windows do not work with our favourites from archicad 22. They come in a lcf container and cannot be edited. I hope theres a fix for this or some other way make the old favourites work as we a lot of them.

Update your favourites so they work with the latest CI objects.
Don't expect the new objects to work with old favourites.

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
Anonymous
Not applicable
Barry, they are Cadimage windows and door favourites, a lot of time has gone into them, why shouldn't they work in a newer version? Surely a migration manager of sorts could convert them over? It should be able to use legacy code and still function.
Barry Kelly
I don't use Central Innovation (Cadimage) windows so don't know a lot about them.

Were the favourites created by you?
If yes then you will need to update them.

If created by CI, then those favourites should work with those objects at the time they were issued.
If they have updated the objects since then, they should also update the favourites.
If CI did produce the favourites, then you will be best to contact them.

Otherwise, if you created the favourites, you can't expect anyone else to keep them up to date and working with newer objects.

Favourites are stored in each file and simply remember a snapshot of the object settings.
Potentially each file can have completely different favourites.
Updating them in one file will not do it in all files, you need to import/export them from one file to another.

But if CI doors/windows have some other method of setting 'favourite' options, that is another matter and not related to favourites in Archicad - which is what I am assuming you mean.
As I said I know little about CI doors/windows, so you will be best to contact them directly.

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
Ralph Wessel
Mentor
Javadevil wrote:
I'm finding cadimage windows and doors isn't working properly with Archicad 24 CI 6.27.
The window tool won't let me add and new window. Is there an update? or some other way to fix this?
As Karl noted, AC-Talk shouldn't be used for 3rd-party tool support. We've got a good support team for this, and we don't want to be freeloaders on GS services.

I should mention that the image you've provided is not from version 6.27, so something is wrong with your installation for a start. Possibly an old version of the library is loaded, although the add-on would normally warn you when this is detected.

Please work with our support team to get your installation fixed.
Ralph Wessel BArch
Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi Ralph,
Hopefully I get a callback from CI tomorrow.
Duncan H
henrypootel
Graphisoft Partner
Graphisoft Partner
Hi

As has been mentioned, the best way to get support is to contact our support team - they can help you with this.

I can see from your screenshot that you appear to be loading an at-least 5-year-old library. The Ci Tools are version specific - i.e. if you want to use the tools in Archicad 24, you have to load up the Archicad 24 version of the tools.

While you may have the latest version of the tool installed (6.27), the library that you are loading is from at least Archicad 19 or possibly older, so I would suggest you check your Library Manager to see where you are loading libraries from - perhaps it's a migrated file which is still referencing old libraries?
Josh Osborne - Central Innovation

HP Zbook Studio G4 - Windows 10 Pro, Intel i7 7820HQ, 32Gb RAM, Quadro M1200
Anonymous
Not applicable
Josh that's right, it is an older file that I migrated over to Archicad 24 from 22. I would have thought Cadimage would have loaded up the libraries into the most recent version of Cadimage Windows and Doors, surely there needs to be compatibility between versions and don't see much has changed, no new features or anything to break the code.