BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Collaboration with other software
About model and data exchange with 3rd party solutions: Revit, Solibri, dRofus, Bluebeam, structural analysis solutions, and IFC, BCF and DXF/DWG-based exchange, etc.

Calculate LF of Wall in IS

Anonymous
Not applicable
I'm trying to create an interactive schedule that will give me total lineal feet for a given composite wall type. So far all I seem to be able to get is a list of each separate wall's lengths. For example; I draw four walls of the same composite type & each wall generates a separate row in the schedule, rather than a single row with the total length of all four.
It seems like there should be an easy way to do this, but I've searched for hours and haven't come up with a solution. Could someone please point me in the right direction?

Thanks in advance,
Mike (AC12 - OSX 10.4.11 - 2x2.66 DC Intel)
3 REPLIES 3
Karl Ottenstein
Hi Mike,

It is a strange trick. You want to have the check shown in the screenshot for "Show uniform items as a single entry" to collapse similar walls into one row.

But, if you have the length field sorted (up or down arrow in the Scheme), then all walls for the same composite will NOT be grouped - rather only walls of the same length. Remove the sorting arrow as shown in the screenshot and you will get a single row summing the lengths for all walls of a particular fill.

If you only want certain walls, add those criteria to your filter.

If you want a grand total of wall length, click to get the sigma in the schedule fields list.

Note that you can schedule the reference line, the center line, or the opposite side of the wall for length calcs. For example, if two walls join as an "L", with the reference line on the outside, that length will be greater than the inside (opposite ref line) length. So, depends on what you ultimately want to schedule.

Cheers,
Karl
wall lengths.png
One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.6, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
Anonymous
Not applicable
Hey Karl,

Any idea why that doesn't work if you have 'length of wall at centre' set as the field that is summed?

It works as you say for 'reference line' and also 'opposite reference line' options.
Karl Ottenstein
Peter wrote:
Hey Karl,

Any idea why that doesn't work if you have 'length of wall at centre' set as the field that is summed?

It works as you say for 'reference line' and also 'opposite reference line' options.
No clue. Seems to be a bug?

Karl
One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.6, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
Learn and get certified!