Collaborate forum
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Calculated number of individual zones in a certain zone category in expression based property

mmlahti
Newcomer
Is there a way to get the total quantity of zones in certain zone category and use that integer in an expression based property? What I am after is calculating the average (arithmetic mean) area of zones of certain type, by dividing the total area with the number of zones? Couldn't find 'Quantity' in the available Properties, though it exists for Schedules.
2 REPLIES 2

Barry Kelly
No.
One element (in you case your master zone) is not aware of other elements in the project (i.e. other zones).
Except for parent/child elements - i.e. a wall can tell you how many windows it has.

So you will have to manually add the data to your master zone, for it to do the calculations.

Barry.

One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 25
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Dell Precision 3510 - i7 6820HQ @ 2.70GHz, 16GB RAM, AMD FirePro W5130M, Windows 10

Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
You can schedule the Zones and their Zone Categories and set the schedule to show Totals. That way you will see how many Zones are in each Zone Category.
....................................................................................................
Get Archicad Tips at https://twitter.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen 1700X CPU, 48 GB RAM, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), WIN10 PRO ENG, AC20-AC25
Loving Archicad since 1995

Start a new conversation!

Still looking?

Browse more topics

Back to forum

See latest solutions

Accepted solutions

Start a new discussion!