Collaboration with other software
About model and data exchange with 3rd party solutions: Revit, Solibri, dRofus, Bluebeam, structural analysis solutions, and IFC, BCF and DXF/DWG-based exchange, etc.

Calculated number of individual zones in a certain zone category in expression based property

mmlahti
Participant
Is there a way to get the total quantity of zones in certain zone category and use that integer in an expression based property? What I am after is calculating the average (arithmetic mean) area of zones of certain type, by dividing the total area with the number of zones? Couldn't find 'Quantity' in the available Properties, though it exists for Schedules.
2 REPLIES 2
Barry Kelly
No.
One element (in you case your master zone) is not aware of other elements in the project (i.e. other zones).
Except for parent/child elements - i.e. a wall can tell you how many windows it has.

So you will have to manually add the data to your master zone, for it to do the calculations.

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
You can schedule the Zones and their Zone Categories and set the schedule to show Totals. That way you will see how many Zones are in each Zone Category.
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27