BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Project data & BIM
About BIM-based management of attributes, schedules, templates, favorites, hotlinks, projects in general, quality assurance, etc.

Can I customize right click menus?

Anonymous
Not applicable
...I'd like to add some common used features like "Save selection as > Object" . Hopefully it'd have the selection options for other items such as window, door, etc. , Like it is in the menu bar. I just think it is faster to have it as a right click.

Thanks.
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable
I'd like to add that I know that I can customize (or create new) toolbars. I was just wondering if this can be a right click menu. I can't find right click menus on the environment settings.
Karl Ottenstein
Not that I know of. Years ago, there was a hidden magic test-mode flag that allowed context menu (right click) customization - but it didn't work well, and all changes were lost when an update was applied. The hidden magic disappeared within a version or three. I'm guessing that there were technical barriers to adding this to the Work Enivonrment (?).

The closest we can do is a non-visual one: creating a custom keyboard shortcut for the desired feature.
One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.6, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
Anonymous
Not applicable
The closest we can do is a non-visual one: creating a custom keyboard shortcut for the desired feature.
This is actually a good idea. Thanks!
Learn and get certified!